cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon

0 Comments

You have to hear it to believe it. The HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon Edition has been reviewed as one of the best portable audio players currently available, one that measures up to the most tenacious audiophile standards.

“… Sprint, HTC and Harman have gone ahead and delivered a Smartphone that can equal or beat the best portable high-end players AND do all of the stuff Smartphones do,” according to high-res audio guru, engineer and label owner Mark Waldrep (a.k.a Dr. AIX).

The accessories included with the device even received a notable mention, delivering pristine sound quality to ears for hours on end.

“The in-ear headphones are worthy of special recognition ... They feature aluminum casings and custom 9mm drivers, which deliver the full range of both frequency response and dynamics directly to your ears.”

Read the full review

Shop the HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition

0 Comments

hk-second-phone-image.png

Sprint's EXCLUSIVE HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition is without a doubt one of the best devices of the year.  The device is packed with useful features and the audio enhancements will make make any music lover drool.  Even after a few weeks, the honey moon phase still hasn't worn off.  It's still gorgeous, fast, practical and very well built.  It's major advantage however, is that it still produces the best audio listening experience that you can find on any smartphone.  Period.  Here's what some others in the tech community have to say about it's audio performance...

"...Sprint’s Harman Kardon edition M8 ships with a set of Harman Kardon AE-S earbuds at no additional cost. These bass-heavy buds deliver sound like no other headphones we have ever seen ship with a smartphone. Combined with HK’s tuning, this smartphone is an audiophile’s dream." - BGR

"...HTC has added Harman/Kardon's technology to enhance an already excellent audio experience. Throw in a pair of premium headphones, and you have our favorite Sprint smartphone." - Laptop Mag

"The Best-Sounding Android Smartphone Ever"

AND

"...it’s amazing to see how HTC was able to up the ante this time around by optimizing its receivers with HK’s audio software. Being accustomed to the heavy and un-tuned bass levels standard on the older Beats-enabled smartphones, you can definitely notice the difference in depth here, as HK's architecture produces better clarity and fuller output. - Complex

"...yes, this One's once-exclusive sound software really does make a difference... " - Engadget

If you're on the fence about this device... don't be.  It's amazing.  Pick one up today

Until next time,

Dre

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

20140530_132856_Wildwood Ave.jpg20140530_133219_Wildwood Ave.jpgThey may not be the first case maker that you look for, but after having used the spigen Slim Armor case for the HTC One M8, I would say that it should not be the last one you consider.  Cases are a very personal and unique preference that people have.  Some can be very pricey, depending on the level of protection and bling that you require.  Others can be very reasonably priced, but are nothing more than wrapping paper to make your phone "look better".

The Spigen Slim Armor fits right below the tough/rugged armor category that Otterbox seems to fill so well.  Upon opening the box, I was disappointed that the case didn't offer me the screen protection that I'm used to getting with the Otterbox, but 20140530_133103_Wildwood Ave_smaller.jpgI've quickly gotten used to that.  I realize that by definition, the "Slim Armor" should be a more subtle, less bulky cover that might sacrifice protection for style and design.  However, I'm quite comfortable now with the idea that I don't have to wrap my phone with a "bumpercar" style case that makes it feel more like a personal security device and less like a personal communications device!

My pics may not do it justice, but I can say with great confidence that this is the first case I've seen that seems to fit perfectly with the design aspect of the phone it was built for.  When you have an Otterbox or even a Body Glove case on your phone, everyone knows that you are using a case by one of those manufacturers because they are distinctive.  They LOOK like something else is on the phone.  The Spigen LOOKS like your phone, or at least, on the HTC One HK edition it does.  I've had people tell me that they think the phone is 'slightly' too big, but then when they realize I have a case on it, they ask two questions: 1) Did that come with the phone? and 2) What kind of case is that?

There is one drawback that I must point out, for those of you who actually use this feature.  Unfortunately, the Spigen case designers did not consider the IR blaster on the M8.  The case completely covers the IR blaster on the M8, and renders the Universal Remote Control function on your device un-useable unless you remove the cover.  The cover is easy to remove, but it's the principle of having to remove the cover whenever you want to use the Remote that is a bother. 

All the same, I would say that for the HTC One, it's well worth the investment, especially if you are looking for something that is aesthetically more appealing and in line with the phone OEM's design theme.

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I will admit it. I am one of those folks that see people out in public with a broken device screen and just shake my head. “Why?” I ask “did these people not spend just a few bucks to put a decent anti-shock case on their very expensive phone?”
I have been so paranoid about breaking screens in the past that I typically will not activate a new phone without a case in hand to slap on as soon as things are running. I am so proud of my multi-year track record of no brakes that do not even subscribe to any device protection plan.
Well you know where this post is headed right?
Picture if you will the beautiful metal design of the HTC One (M8) Harman/kardon edition. This phone is way too elegant to cage in a case.
Plus I have never broken a screen in the past. Unfortunately my track record is over and the blame goes to a simple selfie attempt while out on a wonderful Sunday afternoon with the Mrs.
We were having such a great moment that it just had to be captured. Now picture if you will the thoughts that ran through my head as the phone flew out of my hand and promptly proceeded to head right for the pavement. Bam! Crack!
Well here is the good news for HTC customers. The kind folks at HTC get that accidents happen and provide the HTC advantage for a “one time free oops” replacement of a broken screen within  the first six months of ownership. That is a $180 value and a great piece of mind. Whew thank goodness.
I have learned my lesson I hope. No phone without a good set of protection including Total Equipment Protection (TEP) and a case.
As for a case, I have found a $19.99 way to protect my phone thanks to the great folks over at Spigen. If you are looking for a drop protection case, anti-shock cushion is a must. If you are also looking to not compromise on the good looks of your HTC One (M8) h/k then something elegant is a must as well.
20140602_161933.jpg
The Spigen Slim Armor has the best of elegance and of protection. Great care has been taken with the case to mirror the design of the HTC One (M8) with nice lines and a variety of color choices. The air cushion technology provides protection in all the right places. This case is so slim and so closely matches the design of the HTC One (M8) that you may even forget you have it.
20140602_161813.jpg

Check out my video overview of the case here:

Thanks HTC for your awesome Advantage Program and thank you Spigen for the case. We are going to get along very well indeed.
So, why not pay $19.99 to project your investment? Take my advice and do so. You will be glad you did.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Cases.JPG

One of the first things I do when I have a new phone coming is hunt for a case to protect it. I have a 4 year old and 18 month old that love to play with phones as much as their daddy. The case not only need to protect my HTC One M8 harmon/kardon edition from harm, I need it to be functional for my needs too.

Hoco case 1.JPG

Hoco makes a very attractive pu leather case for the HTC One M8 harman/kardon with a window view type case. Coming from a LG G2. I loved the Quickwindow case it had. I wanted to find something similar and tried this one. This case window features do not work in a way I can use it and when I flip it back to take a picture, the window is in the way of the duo lens and the plastic over the window covers the other camera lens. The case is very appealing, just will not work for me on my HTC One M8 harman/kardon.

HTC Case 1.JPG 

HTC Flip case was another option I tried because I like flip cases. The case is very nice and protects the phone on all corners and has cut outs for my harman/kardon audio for when I am streaming music from Spotify ( I really love that app and even more now that I have the premium version). The only problem I have with this case is similar to the Hoco case. I take a lot of pictures and holding the case open to take a picture of my two daughters can be challenging. So I went hunting for another case to protect my HTC One harman/kardon.

Spigen case 1.JPG

Spigen is my 3rd and the one I ended up keeping on my HTC One M8 harman/kardon. I purchased the champagne gold case to compliment the champagne gold accent on my HTC One M8 harman/kardon. The case provides protection on all corners and still gives me a metal finish on the back. I am able to take pictures with no interference of a flip case and my 4 year old said "Daddy that is a really cool case". The only draw back I have on this case is the IR Blaster is blocked so not able to use HTC TV remote for changing channels. That is not a problem as I would rather have my phone protected and have the ability to use the camera.

Spigen case 3.JPG

There are other cases out there for the HTC One M8 and HTC One M8 harman/kardon edition, including HTC Dot View case. When looking for a case to protect your phone, make sure it is the case for you. Spigen is the case for my HTC One M8 harman/kardon and my dad's HTC One M8 harman/kardon.in aintree green to match his '30 Ford sedan. Spigen offers the Slim Armor case in several colors if you are looking for a case to protect your HTC One M8 or HTC One M8 harman/kardon edition.

What is your case preference?

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

IMAG0563.jpgIf you have taken advantage of Sprint's partnership with Jawbone to equip yourself with the UP, or if you've gone with a Sportsline Sync Activity Tracker to mapmyrun or mapmywalk, you know that in order to sync these accessories to their associated applications you will need to plug them in to the 3.5mm audio jack.  Both accessories provide instructions on how to successfully sync to your Android device, and they even provide some tips to ensure the sync process is successful.

HOWEVER...

With the htc_one_m8_harman_kardon, there is a feature that unknowingly hampers a users ability to sync successfully.  That would be the LiveStage option in the Harman/Kardon Audio features under Settings. 

IMAG0565.jpgAs indicated on the Sportsline Sync Activity Tracker, you will also have to ensure that the volume is fully turned up on your M8 once the tracker is plugged in.  Taking this extra step also won't hurt when you sync your UP, but it's not in the directions.

The steps to successfully sync both devices are as follows:

Jawbone UP:

1) Plug the UP in to your HTC One.

2) Go to settings-->harman/kardon audio and turn off LiveStage.

3) Open the UP application

4) Device should automatically sync.

**If the device does not sync initially, you will need to remove and plug in the UP and try again.

Sportsline Sync Activity Tracker:

1) Plug the activity tracker in to your HTC One

2) Go to settings-->harman/kardon audio and turn off LiveStage.

3) Open the Map My ____ application (run, walk, hike, fitness, etc.)

4) Go to Workouts and select Sync Activity Tracker.

5) Click the activity button on the tracker until it displays "Sync"

6) Once the activity tracker sync status window pops up, turn up the volume on your phone.  If you turn it up prior, it will only turn up the Ringtone volume.  You must turn up the volume AFTER you start syncing.

**If you have not paired your activity tracker to your phone prior to this, you will need to do so in the settings menu under Heart Rate, Other Sensors & Devices.  Just make sure the LiveStage option is off.

Hope your workouts are going well!!

D

**Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.**

0 Comments

hk-hero-phone-logo.png

According to Dictionary.com, sound is "the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium."  Ok, got it.  So how does one define good sound quality?  That's a pretty subjective topic.  As a teenager, I often ranked audio equipment by how loud it could get or whether or not it could output enough bass to knock pictures off the wall.  As I've gotten older, my criteria for good sound, especially pertaining to music, has evolved as I've experienced various types of audio equipment.  Some good and some not so good.  To this very day,  I cannot clearly define to you what good sound is, at least not on paper.  I just know that good quality sound isn't something that I simply hear, it's something that I feel.  When I listen to my favorite music on some good quality headphones, there's just no going back to those other ones.

Sprint's EXCLUSIVE HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition has been targeted at music lovers that will appreciate the optimizations that have been made to enhance the listening experience with the device.  On top of the software enhancements, the device also ships with a pair of pretty sweet Harman Kardon headphones that are very impressive.

So, do the enhancements justify purchasing the HK edition or is it simply just a gimmick?  For me, this is far from a gimmick.  I could argue that the included headphones alone justify the extra $30 that the device costs however it's really not just about any one accessory.  It's about the total experience.  It's about the way music feels when listening.  It's simply the best listening experience I've had on any mobile device to date.  The audio isn't necessarily louder, in fact in most cases I think the audio volume is a little lower with the audio enhancements turned on than with it turned off.  However, the clarity of the music is immediately apparent with the enhancements turned on.  The Clari-Fi and LiveStage features are definitely a win for this device.

I'd encourage anyone that is on the fence about whether to spend a little extra on this device to visit a local Sprint store and check it out for yourself.

Screenshot_2014-05-23-11-44-20.png

Until next time,

Dre

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

I was determined to not have a case on this phone just because it looked so good, but then I handed the phone over to my kids and an image flashed into my head of the phone slowly tumbling toward the ground.

I decided that though this phone is beautiful and built sturdy it needs to be protected.

For that I decided to purchase the Spigen case, but I just didn't get any old one. I got one to match the harman/kardon edition.

Here is the link from Amazon, it is listed for 19.99 with free shipping for Prime members.

http://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-CUSHION-Protective-Champagne-Cushioned/dp/B00IF5B3TE/ref=sr_1_4?i...

Check out the photos that I took.

As you can see, this case really just goes well with the champagne finish of the phone.

case2.jpgcase3.jpg

A side by side between the phone with the case and without.

KIMG0001.jpgKIMG0003.jpg

As you can see, the case doesn't add too much bulk to the phone yet it provides the protection and peace of mind that you will need.

HTC picked up where it left off last year with this beast of a phone.

The harman/kardon edition enhances the audio and offers a beautiful finish.

Just as if you would protect anything of worth, protect your htc one M8 with this beautiful case.

Get this case, and you too can hear Robin Leech in the background Champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

Thanks

Stanny George

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.

0 Comments

HK M8 Clari-fi Spotify.JPG

I have had my HTC One M8 harman/kardon edition for a couple of weeks now and I am really enjoying it with Spotify! Another reason I am enjoying Spotify on my HTC One M8 harman/kardon edition is how Clari-Fi helps improve my music listening experience.

Clari-Fi is new from harman/kardon that restores the audio quality. If I turn Clari-Fi off, I can hear the difference in my streaming music. My digital music sounds so much better with Clari-Fi on by making sounds cleaner and more dynamic as the song was intended to be. Clari-Fi works on all music files automatically from MP3 to streaming music when the audio quality is low when it is turned on.

Clarifi Banner.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-16-20-48-10.png

I have a phone with two great sounding front facing speakers with harman/kadon audio and stream my favorite music from Spotify. Now, I would like to share a tip on Spotify to make your audio experience even better.

Screenshot_2014-05-16-20-42-15.pngScreenshot_2014-05-21-13-04-31.png

Spotify has a Music Quality setting that is defaulted to Normal for Streaming and Downloading music. I changed my setting for both to Extreme Quality. This setting provides the best audio experience for both Streaming and Download.

Screenshot_2014-05-16-20-41-25.pngScreenshot_2014-05-16-20-42-15.pngScreenshot_2014-05-16-20-46-51.png

A few random screenshots of Spotify from my HTC One M8 harman/kardon edition

Time to turn on Spotify and stream some music with my HTC One M8 harman/kardon edition through my harman/kardon Onyx Studio bluetooth speaker.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Spigen Slim Armor case for the htc one m8 -

I’ve gotten my hands on one of the coolest cases I’ve ever used. What makes it so cool? It stays out of the while making me comfortable that my precious phone won’t be destroyed. At least, not as easily as some of my phones have been anyway… There is beauty in simplicity, and for me, I don't feel like this case trys to alter the look of the phone.

This is a Slim Armor case by Spigen.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/htc/htc-one-m8-case-slim-armor.html

new_htc_one_case_sa06_1.jpg

Now, the HTC One M8 is gorgeous sans case. And HTC didn’t pull any punches when making this thing durable. But it’s still multiple hundreds of dollars unprotected, and that makes people like me feel a bit uneasy. Enter: Spigen. This case doesn’t add much bulk, but still feels very sturdy. I feel very confident that my device is protected from.. well... me!  It’s simplistic design compliments the stylish M8 as well. Hopefully, I never have to find out just how tough the Slim Armor case is, but I'm sure it will hold its own!

For more information go to HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

As I’ve noted in past blogs, HTC knocked the design features out of the park with their new HTC One M8. Add to it Sprint’s exclusive Harman Kardon edition for a few bucks more, and the best phone ever is even better!! I made mention to the high quality sound I was getting in my previous blog, especially when combining the Harman Kardon AES headphones that come with this spectacular device. It turns out, HTC has special settings to fit other types of headphones as well!

That’s right, even if your favorites (or closest) pair of headphones isn’t the included HK earbuds, you can still take advantage of the LiveStage effect! Simply plug in your headphones, go to Settings>Harman/Kardon audio> and press LiveStage. Select the best description for your headphones, and enjoy your music like you’ve never heard it before.

Screenshot_2014-05-20-13-26-49.png

I’m so pleased with the music quality of this device, and the enhancements that are achieved through the Sprint, Harman/Kardon partnership is astounding. Clarifi and Livestage are two tremendous features that are exclusively available through Sprint’s Harman Kardon edition of the HTC One M8. You won’t find a better phone for music lovers anywhere.

For more information go to HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon

- Your Product Ambassador Team

1 Comment

Being part of this team allows you to try out multiple phones, and one of the items that make me want to continue to use the phone is the quality of the camera.

With the popularity of social networking sites as Facebook, Instagram, Vine etcc.. that feature of the phone becomes all the more important.

With all that being said, the HTC One M8 really delivers for the quality of photos.

I took a few shots of the house that I just moved into and thought I would share what caught my eye.

The phone is perfect for those who want to capture all those important moments, this was the first time my kids got into the pool.

pool.jpg

So you might be wondering why are you posting a pic of darkness, but I wanted to show you the difference between flash on and off.

I was thouroughly amazed at how clear of a picture you can get even when the flash is on and how bright the flash is when taking pictures.

dark.jpg

light2.jpg

All in all, the camera quality along with the in house editing feautres should make you want to go out and purchase this phone.

Thank you for reading my blog.

Stanny George

Sprint IP Services

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

sprintemployee.

0 Comments

I can still recall a few years ago hearing of Netflix and thinking, “why would anyone pay for streaming shows.” Well later I tried it thanks to a promotion and now I am completely hooked.

It was also not so long ago (last week actually) that I thought the same of subscription music. After all, there are many free music streaming resources out there and with services like iHeart radio and Pandora good music is just an App away.

Fast forward to the introduction of the harman/kardon edition of the HTC One (M8) with a special Spotify promotion for an extended trial music period/discount for Sprint customers and now suddenly my music listening world has been transformed.

spotify.jpg

My little work world mostly consists of hours camped in a joyless cubicle filled with dull silence and artificial light. Imagine my excitement to realize that suddenly I can turn my surroundings into an audiophile party that I fully control. I now have not just artists but my favorite full albums right here. There is joy in Cubicleville.

But wait there is more!

Thanks to the HTC One (M8) harman/kardon edition my joyful connection now travels with me. First in the car thanks to Bluetooth, next at the gym thanks to the included premium headphones and finally blasting the full house with the harmon/kardon Onx speaker that I have purchased as an accessory. (sorry neighbors)   This incredible speaker is only $99 when partnered with the HTC One harman/kardon.

Best yet, thanks to the exclusive and to be discussed more in my next post harman/karmon Clari-fy the music sounds fantastic.

I would not have taken Spotify out for a premium spin if it were not for the awesome six months free promotion that our Sprint Framily plan customers are ready to enjoy. Not in the Framily? No worry is there are discounts for other Sprint customers as well.

I can tell I am going to stick around with Spotify even after the promo ends. Look out cubicle neighbors as you just might catch me awkwardly dancing and I am thinking about adding lights and disco ball to the ceiling.

Have you tried Spotify yet? What do you think?

Your Sprint Product Ambassador David

0 Comments

HK earbuds sound2go.jpg

image credit: harman kardon

If music is important to you then you'll want to listen up.

HTC and Sprint have partnered up to offer an exclusive Android device designed for the audiophile, or anyone who really enjoys great music with a great listening experience. The HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition smartphone is truly elegant in design, fit, finish and sound.

The HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition is fantastic when paired with the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio or other audiophile quality speakers, as long as you're stationary. If you're on the go and need to be more mobile, then HTC and Harman Kardon has your ears covered, or at least filled, with studio-quality sound.

The One M8 HK comes packaged with AE-S audiophile level in-ear headphones designed by Harman Kardon sound engineers in Austria. These in-ear headphones are identical to the Harman Kardon AE (Acoustically Enhanced) headphones offered by HK for $149. The 'S' designation is Sprint exclusive with the aluminum alloy sound chambers and buttons having a champagne color to match and compliment the HK edition One (M8).

The AE-S headphones are not the 'freebie' earbuds that get tossed in with a lot of devices. The AE-S in-ear headphone sound and design is in line with the HTC One M8 device in terms of solid build, elegant shape, top rated materials and unparalleled fit, finish and performance.

Highlights

• Sophisticated, modern design

• Optimized driver system

• Aluminum alloy housing

• Sonic clarity and accuracy even at low volume levels

• Three-button remote with built-in microphone

• Heavy cable and durable plug

heavycable-plug.jpg

image credit: harman kardon

Other highlights and features:

• Included: 3 pairs of silicone sleeves (small, medium, large) to fit any ear and block ambient sound

LONG 4 ft (1.2m) cable with inline 3-button remote with mic

• Type: In-ear canal style

• High-performance driver: 3/8" (9mm)

• Frequency response: 16Hz – 20kHz

PCMag-rating.jpg

image credit: pcmag.com

PC Magazine reviewed the HK AE headphones with 4/5 stars and an Editor Rating: EXCELLENT.

PC Magazine also reviewed the HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition smartphone, exclusive to Sprint, with 4.5/5 stars and an Editor Rating: EXCELLENT!

"The phone comes with Harman Kardon's Clari-Fi technology, which it claims restores the quality of compressed audio. It does this using algorithms that expand the dynamic range of the music, adding back the highs and lows in real time. The other setting, LiveStage, is supposed to make music sound as if it's coming from across a stage, rather than one channel. ...and when used in combination with Clari-Fi, really does make most tracks sound wider and more alive."

The review goes on to point out the HARDWARE differences of the HK edition vs original One (M8):

"The real reason audiophiles should consider this phone isn't a software trick, but a digital-to-analog converter [DAC] that offers lossless audio playback to 24-bit/192kHz. This means you can listen to music that has been digitized in 24-bit audio sampled at 192kHz (for comparison, CDs are 16-bit/44.1kHz). It's the same audio format supported by Neil Young's forthcoming PonoPlayer, but the beauty is that you don't need to buy a dedicated audio player when you can just use your phone. ...This is in contrast to other HTC Ones (including the original model released last year), which support up to 24-bit/96kHz FLAC."

If music and great audio are important than the choice is easy. The HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition device delivers excellent performance with studio-quality sound and top-notch in-ear headphones to get the most from your music while you're on the go.

Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

0 Comments

The first thing I thought when I opened the box for the new HTC One M8 was that this would be a good accessory for 007.
The black and champagne color scheme gives this device that added kick.
The M8 is just a .5 ounce heavier than the M7 which allows us to be able to feel the device when in the pocket.

For those who think this might be too bulky, I had my brother who wears skinny jeans (I dont get those) put it into his pocket with relative ease.

2.jpg

The Harman Kardon headphone are and added bonus as the sound is exquisite.
Even without the headphones, the sound that this phone puts out is superb.
The M8 in my opinion should not be classified as a phone but as a media device.

With the M8, HTC continues the superiority of their device versus others in the same market.
Harman Kardon experience in the audio world only enhances what is an already top notch.

HTC-One-M8-HK-Portable.png

P.S
Beware, when putting on the headphones random dancing and loud singing may occurr as does whenever I hear the "HAPPY" song.

download.jpg

0 Comments

20140506_155840.jpg

There no words to describe how great the sound from the HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition is when paired with the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio bluetooth speaker. The HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition comes with Harman Kardon Audio. When paired or connected to headset, Livestage kicks in along with Clari-Fi.

Here is a demo I created where I paired my HTC One M8 Harman Kardon edition with my Harman Kardon Onyx Studio and streamed music from Spotify Premium

In the video, I showed where where both Clari-Fi and Livestage are located in Harman Kardon Audio along with headset options available through Livestage.

Spotify-US.jpg

Harman Kardon Audio really makes a difference and can be head when I streamed music from Spotify...

For a limited time, purchase the new HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition for $0 down on the Sprint Framily plan and you'll receive 6 months of Free Spotify service, plus the Onyx Studio speaker for just $99.99.

Visit a Sprint retail store and check out the HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition and the Harman/Kardon Onyx Studio today for the audiophile in you!

Enjoy,

Blue

3 Comments

Thursday I received my Harman Kardon Edition of the HTC One M8 and could not wait to activate it and compare it with my other HTC One M8. First, I would like to share the unboxing of my HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition.

The first thing that stood out when I opened the box was a new color option available for the HTC One M8. This phone is in black trimmed in champagne gold...

20140501_142253.jpg

The Harman Kardon Edition box of the HTC One M8 clearly shows that there is a difference in color and the Harman Kardon ear buds that come with this Sprint exclusive version of the HTC One M8. In addition, the box has Harman Kardon Audio where BoomSound was along with Clari-Fi and Livestage in top right hand corner.

20140501_141752.jpg

Here is a side by side comparison of the two phones... It was hard for me to capture the color of the Harman Kardon Edition of the HTC One M8, although it is easy to tell the difference here on the front side of the phone.

20140501_141959.jpg20140501_142022.jpg

The black back and sides of the Harman Kardon Edition really stands out and look really good in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the the gunmetal gray on the HTC One M8, although I enjoy the black even more....

20140501_142011.jpg20140501_142035.jpg

Here is another view of both phones.... the only thing I could see different from the two phones other than the color was the power button on my Harman Kardon Edition seemed to be more pronounced than the other HTC One M8.

HK Onyx.jpg

Follow me as next week I will pair my HTC One M8 Harmon Kardon Edition up with my Harmon Kardon Onxy Studio while streaming music from Spotify!

Enjoy and let me know what else you would like to see me blog on!

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

google-plus-photo-corrected.jpg

Today Sprint and HTC announced the HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition. The new One (M8) HK is a groundbreaking smartphone that continues Sprint's commitment to bringing great music and listening options to our customers.

The HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition features industry-leading sound with HTC’s proprietary front-facing speakers, dedicated custom amps for the speakers and headphones, and the device comes bundled with a custom set of Harman Kardon AE-S headphones with extended bass response -- a $149 retail value. It also boasts up to 160GB of total data storage with a microSD card slot that supports up to 128GB of storage cards on top of the built-in 32GB.

Here are my unboxing pics so you know what comes in the box and what to expect.

The box:

20140425_131216_resized_ws.jpg

Open the top lid and behold the beautiful and exclusive champagne color enhanced One (M8) begging to be held. Notice the bold message about the HTC Advantage program.

20140425_131235_ws.jpg

If you can bare to set the One (M8) down for one moment, you can remove the upper divider to reveal the SIM removal tool, quick info manual and recycle bag on the left side, and more goodies on the right half. HTC includes the normal wall charger and charge/sync cable and VERY nice ear buds.

20140425_131300_resized_ws.jpg

The HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition comes with premium, Austrian designed Harman Kardon ear buds, valued at $149 USD, to enhance the listening experience. The ear buds come with in-line mic for phone calls and volume/FF/RW controls.

(Don't ask my why my photo editor turned my pic blue, but I assure you they are NOT blue.)

20140425_131434_resized_1.jpg

Once you fire up your HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition you will get a customized Sprint Spotify live wallpaper that visually demonstrates our dedication to great music. You also get some customized tools for managing, listening and purchasing new music, but more on that in another post.

Screenshot_2014-04-28-08-08-36.png

In addition to great sound on the device, customers of the HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition can buy the awesome Harman Kardon Onyx Studio Bluetooth premium speaker at a GIANT discount.

As a bonus, Sprint will offer the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio, sold exclusively by Sprint, for just $99.99 when purchased with the HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. A $399.99 retail value, the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio provides the ultimate sound companion to all smart Bluetooth®devices, furnishing room-filling sound through its four powered speakers and dual passive radiators.

The HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition will be available starting May 2 from www.sprint.com or by calling 1-800-SPRINT1. It will be in retail locations starting on May 9.

With Sprint Easy Pay, well-qualified buyers can purchase HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition with $0 down (plus tax) and 24 monthly payments of $28.34. A world-class audiophile-quality smartphone, the device will also be available in the coming weeks at www.crutchfield.com and www.wwstereo.com, two of the nation’s leading providers of high-end electronics.

More details on the Sprint Spotify partnership and the HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition device can be found on our news site.

Keep checking back for more info on the HTC One® (M8) Harman Kardon® edition!

Until next time,

Your Product Ambassadors