cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/07 - HTC One M8 Software Update - 1.54.651.8

Master

Re: 4/07 - HTC One M8 Software Update - 1.54.651.8

El_Guyo_loco,

I apologize about the inconvenience. We're actively working with those companies for a permanent resolution. Have you recently tried to update your profile? This will help with service on your device.

*Brittney Social Care
Journeyman

Yes everything is up to date and no the update did not help one bit.

Master

El_Guyo_loco,

Oh no! Please provide your cross streets and zip code so that I can send this update to our network team. Rest assured, we are working on this issue.

*Brittney Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

HA!!!! my cross streets are New York and California any where there is a Triband(Spark) Nework.

Master

El_Guyo_loco That is strange. However, if it's happening everywhere, it's possible that it could be a device issue. I was unable to narrow down an exact location for your issue, but I'll be more than happy to look into those cross streets and zip code for you. You can also log on to our website on Sprint.com/spark to check your area or other areas for the Spark coverage.

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I just got my m8 today and this update has been popping up.  I accepted the update and it shuts my phone off.  Several minutes later I turn my phone back on and it prompts me to do the update again.  Am I rushing it?  Does it take more than 5-10 minutes of the phone being powered down to install?  Help!

Journeyman

I left my phone off all night and started it up this morning and it is doing the same thing: prompting me to download update 1.54.651.8 and when I accept it shuts my phone off.  It stays off for hours if I let it.  Then when I turn it on it prompts me for the update again.  This is a constant distraction.  PLEASE HELP!

Master

qalsip,

When a software comes out and you select to download it, it will take a few minute then the device will reboot it's self. This will take several minutes. The device should reboot back up after it is done with the download. Is the device turning off as soon as you click download? Let us know how it goes. We're here for you.

Thank you,
April
Journeyman

As soon as I select "install now" it powers down the phone.  I did it last night and left it overnight (8 hours) and when I came back to it, the phone was still off, and when I powered it on it asked me to install the update again.  It's a vicious cycle!

Master

If this has happened repeatedly after several attempts, qalsip I'd take that phone to the nearest Service and Repair store.  The store should be able to either hook it up to their diagnostic tools and force the update or, if necessary, replace the phone with one that works. 

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat