cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/13 - HTC One M8 Software Update - 1.54.651.10

Journeyman

Re: 6/13 - HTC One M8 Software Update - 1.54.651.10

I was able to get a replacement it was working just fine.. They updated the new phone at the store and it stopped working like my old one... So they replaced my replacement phone again with the Harmon Kardon version (because they were out of stock) and told me not to update the phone. So now my new one works every now and then...

Journeyman

I have the same issues with my HTC One (M8). They always work in the store....because all the stores have the Airave (signal booster). So, they get everyone feeling excited that their phone is fixed....until you get away from the building only to realize nothing improved.

Journeyman

This sounds like a repeat of my HTC EVO.  I bought the EVO and it worked pretty good.  Soon after the purchase, I installed the software update and the phone didn't function worth a crap.  I suffered for about a year and a half with the EVO since that software upgrade trashed it and finally got the HTC One M8 soon as I could upgrade.  Again after my recent purchase I see this software upgrade and the first thought that comes to mind is here we go again.  I think I'll pass and put with the long connection times when making a call and not risk turning my phone into a POS again.

...and NO, I'm not buying the insurance to protect my phone from ill software upgrades etc.  I've been carrying a cell phone since 1996 and never broke one.  If I do happen to break it and the mfg warranty doesn't cover it, I'll turn on my old phone.  Sorry, I needed to vent.

Journeyman

Will this update effect the Harmon-Kardon Edition of the M8?

Master

broncop3t3
We haven't heard any known issues with updates effecting the Harmon Kardon edition of the M8. If you would like to update your device you could do so.
Naomi
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just applied the update and try to activate WiFi calling. I get to signing the agreement, but the next step fails and says call customer support. They are clueless and say my M8 does not support wifi calling! You guys need to get youyr act together.

How do I get it activated successfully? They did updates on my PRL  and profile.

Master

TNJIM - That's not good. Did you log on to www.sprint.com/manage and then select Sprint Wi-Fi Calling? Keep me posted. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I finally got a level 2 support person after fighting with the level one person about the availability of WiFi calling on the M8. You need to get your support personnel up to date.

So I have it activated finally.

But there is a real problem with it. I have 5 WiFi networks in my house. The M8 keeps switching to the fastest of them depending on where I am. This then brings up the location screen. Why doesn't the phone remember the location of each network and stop prompting me?

Also. calling support was a royal pain. They kept asking me to re-enter my phone number 6 times! It took over 4 minutes to even get into the queue to talk to someone. Surely your system should recognize the number that I enter via the keypad? The system is broken.

Master

TNJIM,

As far as your M8 goes when switching to the fastes of your wi-fi networks; be sure to check in Settings under your Mobile Controls to make sure that the Sprint Optimizer is not checked on. This feature will choose the network that is performing at it's best. From what you have told me it sounds as though this is the case. This feature is great when on and off the Sprint network, but if you have mutiple wi-fi connects then this may not be the best thing if you wish for your device to remember the network without having to put in the logon information.

When calling support, if you mean customer care and most other lines of business (if a direct number) the phone number in which you are calling from is the one the system recongizes. I'm unsure of which numbers you pressed in the IVR to get you to enter your phone number, but at times zero can be pressed to speak with someone. The only downfall of this is you may not be in the proper queue needed for your request.

- Jessica
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Connections optimizer has been off. Since the upgrade to 4.4.3, I cannot stay connected to WiFi. See myt blog at

Netgear Nighthawk X6 tri-band R8000 router | Jim Rome's Interactive Site

If I run WiFi Analyzer, some of my 3 available bands keep dropping to zero. I know this is not on the router end bacause I have my Nexus 7 tablet next to the phone doing the same plot.

Screenshot_2014-07-22-09-09-00.png

I never had this problem before the update. The above plot occurred when I told the router to put both channels on the same SSID. When I turn that off, so they are separate SSIDs, instead I get 30-40 bBm reductions in strength on one n channel. I think that the phone has problems handling two n channels at once! I only used to have one before getting my R8000.

lacunae.png

I was using the cell phone, and entered its number. Over and over.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat