Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/13 - HTC One M8 Software Update - 1.54.651.10

Highlighted
Wizard

6/13 - HTC One M8 Software Update - 1.54.651.10

HTC One M8 Software Update -  1.54.651.10

Enhancements/Fixes

• Network connectivity and improvements (voice and data)

This MR will prevent a scenario in which a device may take multiple attempts to connect to voice and/or data in fringe coverage, with                     potential to enter a state in which the device is unable to connect at all in some environments.

Important Notes

- Software version is 1.54.651.10

- This update is rolled-out to devices in batches.

- Refer to the HTC One M8 Software Update article in Support for install instructions

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Sprint/HTC!  I have been having many connection issues so I hope this helps.  I had the original EVO and EVO-LTE, so I have had high hopes for the M8, HK version.  It is a great phone and this connection problem has been the only downer, but hopefully things are looking up!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the update, and it did not solve my connection problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Master

JulianaLau,

We can certainly look into this for you. What is your zip code and cross streets?

*Stephanie B
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

It didn't fix mine either 94558

Highlighted
Journeyman

mine was not fixed either 20008 cross streets are porter st nw and 30th st nw.  I do not receive text messages until hours and hours later (including google verification messages which send instantaneously) and whenever I try to make a call, even if I have bars, they drop to no bars most of the time.

edit: I also am constantly losing data while driving and using my GPS on very common highways which I had data on with my old Evo 4G LTE.

Highlighted
Master

SHAUNNK,

I am sorry to hear that it did not resolve your connection concerns. Are you seeing an opportunity with data, voice, or both? As well, would you mind letting me know any troubleshooting steps you have taken? I do not want to ask you to repeat anything if I can help it.

Sincerely,
*Ben
Social Care
Highlighted
Master

sutaro,

I am very sorry to hear this. I took a look in the area provided and did see some performance that has me a bit concerned. I have sent a number of reports to our network team to research the cause of this.

There are some steps we can try with your phone if you would like. Would you mind letting me know what you have tried so far? I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
*Ben
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have updated the PRL and Profile, done a manual programming, soft and hard reset the phone, cleared the cache. there are other things I have tried. Thank you for sending in the reports.  I would love to be able to receive text messages again.

Highlighted
Master

sutaro,

Thank you for letting me know. Would you mind doing me a favor and turning your phone to CDMA only and let me know if you notice any improvement?

Sincerely,
*Ben
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done that before it did not help. I am currently trying what the last post in this thread says to do, but I will not know if it works until I get home from work.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat