cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Journeyman

Apps?

What apps are factory installed? What apps come with the new software update?

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: Apps?

I believe apps like; Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, ebay, Next Radio or similar. Basically, commonly used apps.

However, in future versions, HTC has taken a new approach and has decided to go with a more Pure version of Android. Meaning, they won;t be installing any of these default apps. They won;t even be installing their browser and messaging apps and instead be using the default android Chrome and Google Messaging to stay as well as other Google specific apps that they may have replaced. Only changes they will make will be the Skin being Sense.

In fact, I believe (from what I've read) when Marshmallow comes out for the M8, which it will, and you do a hard reset after installing, you will find that these apps aren't installed any more by default.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

When is the marshmallow update coming to the one m8? I just received a prep update for it but nothing after it. Someone must know???

Master

You should have or will shortly will get a Preliminary Software update, I did last night, for Marsh Mallow preparation. My guess is Marsh Mallow will install after that or not long after.

Did you get the Preliminary Update yet?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Yes I got that update but nothing after that. I just wanted to make sure that everyone is getting the same thing. Just the prep update. I did not get the marshmallow update yet

Master

I installed the Prep update last night, but went to bed. Not sure if the next update came yet. But if I see or hear anything, I'll post.  

--

GrandMaster

i havent even received it on the M9 yet. they seem to be a tad bit behind

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

heh, Bummer.

I have been searching and found that last night MoVersi tweeted that the US versions of the M8, M9 and A9 should be receiving in next 24 hrs. So My guess is you might see something tonight.

--

GrandMaster

i thought the A9 already came with it? i remember one of the PA's talking about some changes to app permissions and whatnot with MM.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Well, the sites are saying MarshMallow updates, so maybe it's just receiving a bug fix.

--

GrandMaster

quite possible. new devices are always running into newly released issues lol.

Journeyman

Latest word from HTC is that the mm update should be any moment now. "Mid Next week" is what @moversi from HTC posted on his Twitter account

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat