Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain from ItsOn Service

Go to solution
Master

Re: Battery Drain from ItsOn Service

PJ_James,
I understand were you are coming from and hopefully this matter gets addressed so.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

itson:cAwASAQYxMjA5NTMCCAAAAUmFN8ou this was text to me this morning haven't a clue I've been on same contract for 7-10 years sprint needs to do a full disclosure as to what their doing

Journeyman

Me too! That string with ItsOn was tested to me 4 times yesterday morning. I put a block on it so it might still be happening. I too am not a prepaid customer.

Master

jrpanado01 wrote:

Was doing some looking around on Twitter, and obviously there are other users who are tweeting @Sprint and @SprintCare and @HTC...one response to one person from @SprintCare said to dial ##72786#>Menu>Reset. This doesn't erase any of the content on the phone, but it looks like it cycles it through re-activation, profile update, PRL update, etc. I've done this on my phone and the ItsOn service didn't run over the past hour on battery...I've had to replug in though because my phone was already down to 12%. We'll see how it goes tomorrow and the next few days since a normal restart over the past week got rid of the ItsOn service for a few days.

Yeah, the number they recommended dialing only resets or reactivates the network connection with the phone. Quite possible the ItsOn is glitching with some users due to an improper activation. So keep us informed if it continues to happen or not.

BTW, you on a Shared Plan, Pre Pay plan or Individual Plan?

I'm trying to figure out who's seeing it an who isn't. In most cases, it seems to be affecting users on the first two plans from what I've been seeing.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I'm on an individual plan, contract, so looks like it's not dependent on plan or prepay/contract. I'll definitely see how the phone performs today (and if ItsOn starts running) and the next few days. When this started happening last week, I just did the normal restart. This would make the phone fine for a day or so, and then ItsOn would start up...so we'll see if ##72786# works.

FYI to SprintCare on these forums, there's also a large number of users reporting this same issue on Twitter.

Journeyman

I have this problem off and on. ItsOn shows up sometimes and then other times it doesn't show up. When it shows up it really uses a lot of battery. Sprint should pay attention to it's customers and fix this ASAP. Hey Sprint did you see the election results? The American people voted for change. Your customers have options as well. If you keep pulling the same antics over and over you will continue to fail with your customers. There is also a thread at Android Central about this.

Journeyman

It's baffling to me that they can't remote admin my phone with root access and remove the app from the directory, or issue an ota update with a script that deletes the apk. I'm just going to root my phone and do it myself. That way I can remove all the other junk on it too. Most companies have limited the amount of bloat and sprint keeps adding more every updated. I had a perfectly good device before sprint decided to make an extra buck at my expense.

Master

jrpanado01 -Thank you for that information. Please keep us updated. - Johnice
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's on is in the ##data menu but when with my Msl I can't turn it off or access the settings of it.

Master

PJ_James

We do understand your concerns. Unfortunately, we don't have the ability to remotely access your device. We are aware of the issue being experienced with the app and customers will be informed as soon as this is addressed.

- Keisha
Sprint Social Care
Master

PJ_James

That option allows you to reprogram the device, but will not allow you to make any changes to the application. Unfortunately, we do not have the capability to remove any software related applications from the device. Please bear with us while we look into addressing the issues you are experiencing.

- Keisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm also experiencing a lot of issues with the new update. Everything from lock ups, battery drain, random reboots, and data seems to be timing itself out to the point that I have to reboot in order to get it back. I've also received the unstable WiFi message as well as other things. This phone has gone from a very stable and dependable device to the complete opposite. I'm not really sure what the culprit but it's annoying to the point that I regret buying this phone...not the service just the phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat