cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did "fast boot" disappear with the Lollipop update to the M8?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did "fast boot" disappear with the Lollipop update to the M8?

I usually shut down my phone overnight. Ever since I got the Lollipop update, when I start the phone in the morning it takes 4 or 5 minutes to load, which is certainly not a "fast boot.". I've looked everywhere in Settings that I think there might be a setting for the "fast boot" that I used to have, but I haven't been able to find it. Is it gone for good, or am I just overlooking something? (It's OK to call me stupid if you tell me it's found in an obvious place. I need to know where that obvious place might be.)

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Master

frailer - Thanks for the post. We have no specific info on this portion of the devices functionality. You may want to contact HTC directly to see if they may be able to offer some insight. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

What about,

Settings > Power > Fastboot

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The first thing I looked at was Settings > Power but the option for Fastboot is not there. Here is what I see:

Screenshot_2015-03-02-12-28-36.png

Any idea why I don't see that option?

Highlighted
Master

I just noticed it's not on mine. Think it was removed with Lollipop. Only thing I can think of.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

im not seeing it on the M7 anymore either..not that i ever had it activated on there..but yah its not there anymore..so with LP this was removed..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Looking more and more like the case. Ingesting, wonder why? I never had it activated on mine either. Maybe because phone booted up quick enough that they thought it was no longer necessary.

--

Highlighted
GrandMaster

its possible..but now im starting to think i noticed it elsewhere after LP..in the boot loader screen? i'll check in a bit when im able to mess with my phone without getting in trouble lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

It's still in the boot loader screen, but not sure if it's the same fast boot.

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat