cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garbage HTC One M8 on Sprint Spark Terrible Network

GrandMaster

Re: Garbage HTC One M8 on Sprint Spark Terrible Network

so the guy that posted the screen shot of the spark speeds he was getting a page back was a spoof? its going to be location based. some areas will work just fine compared to others still being upgraded..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm not sure if his speeds were real but it could be  possible because some peoples phones are actually working, just the majority of them are not. Like everything some of the phones slip through the cracks the problem is usually the flawed ones slip through not the ones that are actually working as designed, SMDH @Sprint.

GrandMaster

it could be either or..but im leaning more towards the network still being deployed rather than it being a phone issue.

even if it DID end up being a phone issue these things are mass produced..its safe to say sprint isnt going to test every single one that gets shipped to them..if anything take it back in to a repair store and have them do a once over on it..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

While everyone is talking about Spark, I would just like to have LTE service in Hawaii. sprint is the ONLY cell phone carrier that DOES NOT HAVE LTE services in Hawaii.. what's up with that Sprint?

Master

RON1CLAXTON,

I hear your frustration about LTE. We are currently working to upgrade all of our towers nationwide as quickly as possible. Unlike our competitors, we are repurposing our entire network. Upgrading switches, cables and everything in-between.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh, it's definitely a network and not a phone issue. I have friends on Verizon's Network and their phone works perfectly fine.

Journeyman

You will lose data connectivity during a call whether you are in 3g or 4g LTE ~as these phones only have one radio which can support only one path at a time---either voice or data but not both...Unlike the older phones that had dual radios and could support simultaneous voice and data the new tri-band/Spark phones aren't capable of doing both at the same time.

Journeyman

Welcome to the club! My GS4 is also experiencing the inability to detect incoming calls.  Oops, it's the towers and not the phone they tell me.  Sprint now says, after a month of going back and forth with them, that even though the towers have been upgraded to Spark, (or because the towers have been "upgraded" to Spark), I will have this problem possibly for the next 5, five, FIVE months (or more) !!!!!

Sprint sent me a HTC One M7, (i have yet to activate it) but I was told by a HTC Tech that the HTC One M8 has the same dual antenna design and therefore I will be able to get simultaneous voice and data as the M7 when in a LTE area.  So I had Sprint send me an M8 and I plan on returning the M7.     Background: what I was told was that the M7 is a Quad Band phone.  But that really means is it has 2 LTE Bands and 2CDMA Bands.   2+2=4.

The M8 is a Tri Band phone. But wait..... the Tri Band on the M8 is referring to the 3 (three) LTE Bands only! There are also 2 CDMA Bands.  Therefore it is a 5 Band phone.....with 2 antennas It should provide simultaneous  voice and data...this is what the HTC Tech told me.

Well, given the posts here it seems that ALL the techs are full of it!  (Hot air I mean.)

I guess I will hold on to the M7 in the meantime and see if it will provide simultaneous voice and data.

I still have not deactivated my GS4 yet.....too busy trying to finish my taxes to start messing with all this.

ANY WORDS OF WISDOM ON ALL THIS TRI BAND, QUAD BAND, DUAL ANTENNA CRAP???

Journeyman

hey there LIZ FROM SPRINT,

HOWS ABOUT RESPONDING TO THE REAL QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK AND HOW ITS SUPPOSED TO WORK AND WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO WORK?

Master

Xanadufl,

Sorry to hear that you're having service issues. I want to check the status of the towers in your area. Can you provide me with the cross streets and zip code? How long have you been experiencing the inability to detect incoming calls, is it ever since your activated you GS4?

Marie
Sprint Social Care Team
GrandMaster

crockery...safe to say i wont be getting one of these phones anytime soon..if you cant even make a call and browse while on LTE what is the point anymore?

Journeyman

The new Sprint tri-band/Spark devices use only one radio and rely on a switching protocol known as [CSFB] circuit switched fallback, when a triband/Spark device is in LTE mode it is only capable of sending/receiving data, and when a call comes in CSFB is used to drop the LTE connection and switch your device to CDMA mode so that you may receive your phone call...So simply put ~one mode cancels out the other, because LTE doesn't support voice so therefore your LTE connection must be terminated in order for you to make/ receive phone calls and once the call is ended the phone then switches back to LTE mode.

The chipset on older devices used dual radios--which could each independently maintain their own data and voice connections, so no switching was necessary, because you had 2 connections going at the same time.

As of now in areas that haven't been upgraded, phones left in LTE mode cannot receive incoming calls and must be left in CDMA mode at all times...This was the reason that I was forced to exchange my new tri-band phone for an older non tri-band model.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat