cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

Master

Re: HTC One M8  Data connectivity issues

Thank you for the update mr.meetoo1975. Please keep us posted with the store visit! We want to make sure that this gets taken care of!
*Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

I went to see the service tech at the repair center about an hour ago.  He has never seen an HTC One M8 before.   He also said it is the towers that have issues and not the phone.  He also said it would be a waist to put tickets on them since the engineers are there anyway?  I dont understand that at all.  He said 10 -15 people with spark enabled phones come into the store every week with the same problem.  He said it is a wait and see to how fast the network gets upgraded.   I am not a very happy person because i am paying for service and I cant even get or make regular phone calls.  This very frustrating.  Sprint needs to fix this problem quickly.  I now understand why Sprint keeps losing subscribers!!

I have been a sprint customer for a longtime and been with them through all the ups and downs.   This is a very low point that has me thinking twice about whether I want to continue with Sprint.

Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

I Live In Cassopolis, i get it as well, and i must agree it is very frustrating as i am paying for unlimited data. it happens often, please let me know if you fix the issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hope this helps i got the lg g2 at the end of January and have perty much the same data issues did the data switch from lte/cdma to cdma just to get data while roaming then have to remember to switch it back to lte/cdma when i get to a sprint area was gonna buy a m8 but it seems to be having the same issues as the lg g2.

Journeyman

I tried that too, but still cannot receive or make phone calls.  None of us should have to do any of that.    

Master

loveishate91, we understand how frustrating this can be. We want to make sure you are able to use your device too! I have done a search on Cassopolis and see that upgrades are currently in progress. Many towers have been worked on already and we are waiting on a few others to catch up. To get a better idea of what is going on, please provide your nearby cross streets and zip code.
Also, under Network settings, what is it set to? Keep me posted!

*Sarah W Social Care
Master

mr.meetoo1975:

If you are located in an area where upgrades are still taking place or prep work for upgrades is underway it is important to change the network setting to CDMA. This will mitigate connection issues, conserve battery life and keep your batter from overheating.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Master

CORBETT50- We're sorry to hear that. Sprint is in the process of revamping all towers. In due time there will be a stronger signal with more capacity that will resolve this issue. - Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Can u tell if upgrades are going on in my area?  I think I deserve a credit on my bill for the inconvenience of not being able to use the services I pay for. I live in South Bend, IN. Zip codes 46613 & 46601. Thanks

Journeyman

The same is happening here.. In LOS ANGELES!! Are you kidding me!?.. Drops calls, roams, won't den text. Did the same as you did.. Even went to the sprint store.. What a joke.. Go see a tech they told me. For what!? It's a brand new phone. All bad here. Expensive and gorgeous paper weight..

Journeyman

The LTE connectivity issue is most likely due CSFB not implemented on the towers you are connecting to. This article should help explain

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

Master

17streetkrook

Thanks for bringing this to our attention I'll be happy to look into your area and see what's going on with service around you. May I get your zip and cross streets in the LA area? This will help narrow down the towers that service you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat