cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

I tried everything DDSGenius suggested, several times and, I'm having the same issues as everyone else. I think it helped my calling and texting but, my 3G is still worthless. I would encourage everyone to give this solution a try, though. I really like this phone but, if I can't get it to work like it's suppose to, I'm gonna trade it in.

Zip - 61866

Crossroads - Willow Pond Rd and St. Andrews Circle

Journeyman

Same issues for me! I'm going to try some of the suggestions here,but I'm not sticking with a phone/ company that just isn't going to work. I'm also a long time Sprint customer but I'm disgusted by the complete disregard for customer service. Zip is 46360 pippen and winesap

Please fix this!

Journeyman

I tried the things suggested by DDS and it didn't fix the problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just in Alaska: Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, Homer, Anchorage. There was NO Sprint coverage. Nor was there any other coverage unless I turned roaming off, and then on. It should be automatic. So, there is something wrong.

Master

Sorry you had to experience this. The fact that you are having these issues in different locations, it can potentially be a device issue. Let's try troubleshooting. What is your device model? Nija Sprint Social Care Team
Master

​​Thank you for the post. We would hate to see you go and we definitely value you as a Sprint customer. Servicing our customer is our top priority. Give us the opportunity to turn this around for you. After surveying the area provided, It's been discovered that our Network team is currently enhancing 4G LTE. This enhancement will be known as the Spark network. During this upgrade you may have intermittent service. Once this project is completed you will notice a significant improvement in your service. You mentioned you've completed the troubleshooting steps above, we will also recommend that you clear out the data. To do this you will go to Settings, then tap Apps, you will swipe to the All tab, scroll to and tap the running application and finally tap clear data. Let us know if this helps. Nija Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

It seems as though we all have the HTC one m8. You say that this "enhancement" project on the network could cause us to have intermittent service- but that's quite an understatement. We have no service! How long until this project is finished? Also you said it could be an issue with the device- so when can we expect an update?

Also I went to a Sprint store today. The technician messed with my settings to make sure everything was right. I also spoke with Sprint customer service who did some "refreshing" which also didn't work.

I tried clearing the data. It didn't help.

Master

mrs.malik925,

I can certainly understand where your frustrations are coming from. I am dealing with the same challenges in my area as well. Our technicians are working as quickly as possible to complete the work in a timely manner but with a project as large as this it will take some time. Work required on specific towers can vary and may extend out the timeline for repairs. Also if there is something also affecting the device itself updates to correct this kind of troubles are provided and pushed out by the manufacturer of the phone itself. At this time HTC has not notified us of any future updates.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I can't believe this thread has been going on well over a month, and there still isn't a solution. I've only had my phone a week, but really can only use it while connected to WiFi. Talking on it is not an option, and text messages are sporadic at best. I've been with Sprint for more than 14 years, and this is very upsetting.

Master

HBACK26 Please tell me what services you are having those problems with? Have you taken it to a service and repair store? Do you experience service issues in multiple locations or just one spot? Please give me further detailed information so I can look into this for you. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8  Data connectivity issues

Having problems with all services (phone, messaging & internet). Dropped calls after 30 seconds. I've taken to a sprint store & called customer support at least 4 times & nobody seems to be able to help. Mind you, I see all over the internet that there s a known issue Sprint is having with the new HTC one & the galaxy s5. The location does not matter...I get the same results (Murrieta, CA... lake Elsinore, CA.... Santa Ana, CA....Irvine, CA)

Master

HBACK26

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you're having issues with the M8. We are aware of an issue with Spark phones, and we're working with software technicians and the manufacturers to find a resolution. There are a few things that you can do make things better for now. First, turn the phone to CDMA only and second, please verify that Voice and Domestic data are unchecked. (You can find this under Mobile Data Settings.) We will let everyone know when a resolution is created by posting it in the Community device forum.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat