cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

I have the same problem but worse. I get really bad reception, drop calls, text don't work no internet. I wont get incoming call, delay text. Wife will text me in the morning and wont get it until the afternoon or evening. I had sprint stores look at. Did anyone else notice it but there are different type of sprints store out there? Corporate sprint, that's the one that repairs the phone. Preferred retailers for sprint store that sell and repair but they don't replace. I think they all do that. None of them tried to replace the phone for me. Even though it two months old. Anyways, I brought the phone to 7 stores and no result. The weird thing is they took my phone did some updates and said it works. They know the phone is defective. This what they do is update the phone and say it works. It look like it work, but when I walk out the door of the store it does not work. No reception.? This warranty for the phone does not really work at sprint. They say you do not have insurance. What I say is the phone is new and is still on factory warranty. They look at me and say you still do not have insurance. I start to get even mad and they still look at me like I am talk Japanese. This was the last store I went to. I finally got them to waive the repair fee of $75 and they order me a new phone. I ask him before I received my phone back. Is this replacement phone new or refurbished. The sprint service person said it was going to be a refurbished phone, used. Remember I bought a new phone from them and they want to ripe me off by giving me a used one.???

I will have more at later time.

Also Service really bad, bad.

Master

JAMESJADAMS75, We're deeply sorry to hear of the experience. We appreciate your business and we want you to have reliable service too. That is how our advanced exchange program works. In order to return your phone and get it replaced with a brand new one, you would have to return it within 15 days of the original purchase. So that we're able to take a closer look on the performance of your nearby towers, please provide your two nearest cross streets and zip code. Keep us updated, we're always here for you. - Brittany
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Was having the exact same issues with my phone. Finally,Sprint corporate got involved and replaced the phone. It is a glitch in the first set of M8s that were released. Also, the reason the phone works just fine inside of the Sprint Store is because the have a device called an Airave. It's a signal booster that connects directly to the towers. Before they gave me the new phone, they gave me an Airave for my home. It worked, but my cell phone was essentially a landline since it only worked when I was at home.

Journeyman

Just out of curiosity are you able to send and receive multimedia text or browse the internet while on a call when you are connected to 3g or 4g or spark?

Master

HBACK26,

Thank you for the post. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything. We're here to help.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my phone from Sprint on preorder, so I presume it was the first batch. What symptoms did your phone display, and how did you get it replaced?

Journeyman

No I did not. I am still using my Evo LTE.

Journeyman

No I have not

Master

PATSWIFE2U,

Can you please send us a PM using the following link so we can take a closer look into this situation for you?

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't know why Sprint can't just be honest about these phones not working on the Sprint network. It's obvious. The Samsung Galaxy S5 doesn't work, the LG G2 doesn't work, HTC One M8 doesn't work and the HTC One Max doesn't work. I have tried and tested them all. None of them will allow you to browse the internet or send multimedia text while on a call. My wife has the S5. I continuously check it to see if these issues have been fixed and every time I check it I get an error stating mobile data disconnected while on a call. Or an error message stating this is not allowed while on a call. Ridiculous. I'll stick with my old phone.

Master

Dr.Jekyl30 - I understand how frustrating this can be. The Spark network is not compatible with the surf and talk. However, the LTE and 3g network does allow you to surf and talk. You should be able to surf and talk if your connected to wifi. The network team is working diligently to rectify this issue. Thank you for your patients. - EricaSprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't think you do understand our frustrations. You just stated that surf and talk isn't compatible with spark but that we should be able to surf and talk on 3g and 4g. But with the HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One Max, and the LG G2, surf and talk isn't compatible on 3g and 4g either. Of course we can surf and talk on wifi. But the purpose of a mobile device is to be on the go, we cannot be connected to wifi while on the go. Say for instance a bus, a subway or any remote location where there is no wifi. So how does your statement help us?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat