cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

Master

Re: HTC One M8  Data connectivity issues

Also, if there is any news on sprints site about the update, it won't be posted to the link Dale provided, it will be posted in the device forum itself.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

I just came to Sprint due to circumstances I wish had not happened.  I also wish I had chosen a better NEW carrier, as I am seriously having remorse.

If poor service and depression were connected, I would have to say that I am close to the edge.  In my first 28 days of owning this M8, and having Sprint, I have NEVER, EEEEEEEEEVER had more than one bar of data.  This bar might as well not be there, as there IS NO SERVICE!

Reading this forum has simply upset me more inside.  The numerous blankets of apologizes and "wait and see" deals shroud the true issue here:  Our service sucks.  I really want to love you, just as I loved my last carrier.  The price is unbeatable, but, I guess you get what you pay for.

You guys have my info, so I won't bother blasting my home address on the forum.  Simply put, you have a lot of work to do, not just with me, but all of the customers who have paid time and money to post about not getting what we pay for.

Journeyman

I have the same experience in Oak Ridge, TN. I walked through my whole neighborhood (Briarcliff), and got just 1 bar if lucky. I have never received download speeds above 1.5 Mbps on your network. We badly need a tower on the hill between us and your main tower on Black Oak Ridge.

Master

Hi TNJIM,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Sprint. We understand that working service is important to you and we want to help improve your signal. What are the nearest cross streets and zip code of the area with the most problems? What type of devices do you have? How long have you experienced this issue? Let us know, we're here to assist.

Thank you,
Michael
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

37830-7674

Briarcliff avenue (all of it)

Claymore lane for a cross street

Highlighted
Master

Hi TNJIM,

Thanks for that information. Do you also have a HTC One M8? Send us a PM with a good contact number so we can assist you. Preferably to a phone that does not have issues. We're looking forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,
Michael
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm just as pissed as everyone else here.  I have been telling sprint how important call ability is due to the fact that I am put on call regularly.  I now understand why I got a big F U.  I was told if I wanted to switch out my phone, I need to pay the remainder of my balance on my easy pay account.  Then and only then would I be able to switch over to a different phone.  My other option was to file an insurance claim and get another HTC M8 which I have already done once before.  I asked after doing this and I still have issues what were my options for switching from an M8.  I was told I would have to switch out the phone through insurance again.

Again, now seeing everyone's issues, I can see why Sprint will not be more cooperative in helping me.  But as others have expressed frustration, Sprint doesnt seem to care.  I too have been a long time customer and am now looking to leave the second I can.  Good luck everyone.

BTW, 9th and Cedar in San Diego, CA. I was told there was a tower on 6th a few a blocks from me and I am still having issues.  Thanks Sprint.

Master

olague55,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your M8 after the exchange. Is your problem primarily with making and receiving calls or are you also having data connectivity problems? Unfortunately the only way to test your phone to see if it qualifies for a free exchange is to have a Sprint service and repair technician run a diagnostic test to see if your phone is impacted by a known issue.

I see you have already visited a store about this and they suggested an insurance claim for a replacement. Was this a service and repair location? Did they mention running diagnostic testing for the calling issues?

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I've been fighting this issue for 9 months now. I've had sprint reset my phone 2x and I've done it 1 additional time. I thought the issue was resolved, it would occur once on and off but normally when in a bad coverage area. But 2 days ago sitting at my office the message kept poping up and would not go away. Where my office is we have LTE, very strong single so no idea what's going on but I know I'm so tired of paying so much for my bill and still fighting this phone.

GrandMaster

i ran into the same thing with my M9 but there were ongoing tower upgrades and testing being done in my area..lasted a couple months with random day to day changes but it finally settled down. might be what youre seeing on your end. especially if they are bringing in the new CA upgrades. those come in after the spark has been installed on the towers.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat