I live in South Bend,IN zip codes 46614, 46601 where we have sporadic 4G services. I had a HTC EVO 4G LTE which connected and I just upgraded to the HTC One M8. With the New HTC One M8 I cannot keep a constant data connection not even the super slow 3G will stay connected. I have tried soft reset, battery pull reset, and switching to CDMA only. I also turned off the connection optimizer. This is very frustrating that i have brand new phone, but my old phone works better.
I have the same issue. also had 4g lte and upgraded. data connectivity is awful. got phone on 3/21. Ordered New phone 3/31 after tech support pointed finger at phone. New phone waiting for me at home tonight. Will let you know if it is phone or model. I commute 75 miles per...cannot keep ANY connection along the way, nor when stationery. Even when "connected" to 3g or 4g, data fails...Sprint dashboard also fails. so other than WiFi, I effectively have no data connectivity. also get multiple tn's sent to me. I activated phone over WiFi with Airwave system at home. maybe a cause? sure hope it is just this phone, cause I love it otherwise.
Stephanie P at Sprint Care. I have tried all of those. I even called customer service who put me through the usual activation items. they could not help and told me me to visit a Sprint store to get help. I think that is ridiculous I purchased the phone on the Sprint Website. I am so annoyed right now I have been Sprint Customer for well over 10 years. We deserve better service than this. They need push a software update to fix this problem. I cannot even make or receive phone calls either. I basically have a really expensive paperweight!!!!!
My cross streets are Dubail St. and Jackson St. zip code (46613) also Main St and Jefferson St zip code (46601). To add another thing I took my phone to a repair center the sprint service tech was not present, but the store manager had never seen a HTC one M8 before. Why are the employees not trained on the new phones. Also there was a tower directly across the street and my phone worked perfectly until I left the store and the immediate area. The phone works but the towers dont!!!
Sorry, that is too funny. Should I give you every crosstreet between Bradenton, FL and Lakeland, FL? Don't bother. I just got the second phone and issues are even worse. What a joke. Here is what I did any my pathetic experience.
1. Got new phone and restored all my settings from previous HTC ONE using WiFi.
2. Was bouncing between 3G and Roaming, which is why I have Airave, but still able to send TM and make calls.
3. I tried to update Profile, PRL, and UICC Lock to make sure all was updated, and each time I would get "service not available".
4. I called Customer Care, and was told I needed network connection for that, and that I should turn on Airave for that connection.
5. I did. It seemed at first to connect. I tried making a call and got the two beeps for the Airwave, but also get a message that the number was invalid and that I did not have the service available, whatever that meant.
6. Phone never did connect to Airave again; but my wife's $20 LG is connected with full signal. How nice.
7. So, I figure, let me drive the mile down the road to where I get 4G and connect through that. So at 10:30 PM at night - not that I have to work tomorrow or anything, I drive to where that is and start getting message after message about bot being able to connect to mobile network. I had taken screen shot, but I since deleted when I tried Factory Reset for 3rd time! It clearly stated, however, that the error was LTE connection failure.
8. So what do I do? I call Customer Care at 11:01, and they are closed. No help there.
9. So I come home to try complete factory reset without restoring anything.
10. Again, the phone not only will not connect to the Airave, I now get the same ""Unable to establish a wireles..." message, and when I click through, the message says Unable to establish a wireless data connection. MIP: 67.
So here I am stuck... I cant update any of my profile or settings because I can't get a network connection. The hell with it. I'm now reactivating my 4G LTE and will request refund and cancellation of the upgrade to the HTC One. Can't tell you how disappointing this is. After 13 years with Sprint, I will also look to move to a carrier that sells the HTC One and actually can support it.
One thing I proved... the issue is not particular to one phone: there are major issues with the HTC One on the Sprint Network.
Thanks for a miserable week, Sprint. completely messed with my lifestyle and my private time beyond belief.
Joe [Personal Information Removed]
Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.
JOCATMAN, I have to say I agree with you. this is BS. I am ready to go back to my old phone and cancel the new contract extension.
I gave them one last chance today. I activated 4G LTE last night. Drove to work today, not a single connectivity issue. Full 4G in my office. Called Customer Care. Activated HTC One. Did the advanced troubleshooting. No go; told I had to take to service center. Not bothering. Activated 4G LTE again; online getting RMA for failure #2. Contacting T-Mobile, since they'll pay off ETF with Sprint.
good luck anyone that comes across this thread.
I am on CDMA only right now and I get Text messages and some data, but no phone calls coming in or going out. I am going to back to the service center today to see if the tech can do something about it. Which I have my serious doubts that the tech will be able to do anything at all. Well good luck with T-mobile. I am sure you will be happier. Thanks for your comments