cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

I'd also like to add that Verizon, T-Mobile, At&t and even some of the smaller companies do not have this issue so why is it that Sprint who claims to be the best can't get this working? Then you trick people into buying the phones through false advertisements, and then when people buy the phone, you try to trick them into keeping it with all your talking in circles past the 14 day return period and then they are forced to keep a phone that doesn't work for 2 yrs. This is ridiculous and unscrupulous business behavior. Someone should launch a class action law suite against sprint for this behavior.

Master

Hello Dr.Jekyl30,

Your phone is designed to search for partnering towers when you get kicked off the network. When you find yourself not having a sufficient signal then turn off the connection optimizer and set the settings to CDMA only. This will allow you to complete the call or use the device.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So after waiting over six months, can I just turn in my HTC One M8 and swap it out for a different device that isn't affected by all these issues?

Everyday I lose my 'mobile data' connection and receive this error: "Wi-Fi and mobile data are turned off. The page can be loaded once you connect to a network. Error code: ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED" even though I'm within range of wifi and LTE / Sprint Spark.

I've lost work because of these issues and am ready to leave Sprint if there is no sort of resolution.

Master

Jay_E

Oh No! I'm truly sorry that you're experiencing this issue. Please allow me to look further into this for you, visit this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X . Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

For the past few weeks/months:

• When on the road (no WiFi), the chance that I'll receive data over mobile data network is less than 50%, as far as I can tell when I need my phone. I know because most days I get home or to work and see what I missed.
  • When at work or home (WiFi), the chance that I'll receive data is 75-100%. Anything less than 99% is completely unacceptable.

Most common area I'm in is 14th St and Northside Dr, Atlanta, GA 30318. But I also frequent other parts of midtown Atlanta and Buckhead with similar performance problems, like 10th and Monroe.

All of the below screenshots are when applications indicated the inability to send or receive data, from Sep till now. I'm sure I have screenshots of other times, but I'm not going to upload them all.

2014-11-21 01.59.44.png2014-11-01 15.31.17.png

2014-11-01 15.04.52.png2014-09-27 21.32.35.png

Sometimes restarting the phone helps, but only sometimes. And because I don't know whether I've missed that important email or message (until I get home to my laptop), I can't be restarting my phone every 15 minutes with naive hope.

Master

benmcmillan - Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your data issues. I was able to pull up the area around 14 street and see many towers. Majority of these towers have been upgraded and optimized for 4G LTE(1900 MHz). Currently, there have been some reported issues for the data services as well for this area. In total, there are five events taking place to include Sprint Spark services too. While these changes are made, data services can be slow or unavailable at times. We are aware of this major inconvenience towards you and are working diligently to fix it. We appreciate your patience thus far, and assure you that this will be taken care of shortly. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are here to help. - Jason
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: HTC One M8  Data connectivity issues

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply. The intent of my post was simply to make the issue known to Sprint and the world, and hopefully provide information to help you debug the issue. As an engineer myself, I know how difficult debugging these things can be.

Regardless, I have to cut my losses after paying for service I haven't received, despite being patient through the multiple "we're fixing it!" responses, and will be leaving Sprint immediately.

Master

benmcmillan,

Thank you for the information. Please provide your phone number, so I can document your account and pinpoint the location 14th St and Northside Dr, Atlanta, GA 30318 pertaining to the issues you are experiencing.

Joel

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same connectivity issue. I've had my HTC One M8 since May and I've had nothing but problems with data connectivity.

For example. This morning at work. I checked my phone with wifi on and it wasn't connected. Turned it off and used mobile data and still it wouldn't connect. I rebooted my phone and nothing. Turned wifi off and now it's on slow 3G.

I sit in the same place at work every day and sometimes it will go to LTE and other times like today it's on slow 3G. Why does this happen?

What makes it worse is when I'm out and about and there is no wifi connection, my phone won't switch to mobile data and I can't connect at all. This has happened more than I can count. It's really frustrating.

I don't think the HTC One M8 works with Sprint Spark or vice versa. Obviously both Sprint and HTC know about this because there was a critical software update some months back to fix this problem and it still persists.

I'm stuck using a phone and plan for the next 19 months that is painfully slow and works intermittently,which really sucks.

Screenshot_2014-05-22-15-58-01.pngScreenshot_2014-05-24-13-37-26.pngScreenshot_2014-09-06-10-02-47.pngScreenshot_2014-09-06-10-03-07.pngScreenshot_2014-09-22-10-09-34.png

Master

sweatytaco,

Thank you for the information. I have already brought this up to our network team's attention, and they will address it properly. Please be sure to keep the phone's profile updated by following these steps: Settings > System Updates > Update Profile. We're here to help! - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've updated my profile a bunch of times since I've had this phone and it hasn't helped. It's really frustrating to have to constantly try and figure out why I can't connect and why I'm having slow data speeds on a brand new phone.

Master

sweatytaco,

I certainly understand. Our network team is on the case, and they will find a way to adjust the frequency levels for a better connection. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat