cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 WiFi calling breaks GPS

Journeyman

HTC One M8 WiFi calling breaks GPS

When I connect to WiFi calling on my M8 it seems to break the GPS functionality of the phone. After WiFi calling is enabled google maps will show my position, but if I try to do Navigation it doesn't detect that I'm moving. If I use other apps, such as the GPS Status app, it never is able to get my coordinates. The only way to get the GPS working again is to disable WiFi calling and clear my data profile through the ##SCRTN# menu, but if I re-enable and connect to WiFi calling the GPS goes away again.

Many other people are reporting the exact same problem with the latest update to this phone: WiFi calling update - Pg. 10 | Sprint HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum

12 REPLIES 12
Master

Re: HTC One M8 WiFi calling breaks GPS

zhecht, I just checked some internal resources and see that this issue has been reported and it's currently under investigation.  Hang tight, a fix will either be pushed automatically or published here on the forums when it's found. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Do we have a update as to when this will be fixed?

This is a massive issue to me and I use this daily.

My phone is brand new and is fully up to date. I have until Friday to return the device if this isn't going to be fixed.

Please let me us know.

Master

Robert_McKeever2,

I can see how important this is to you. Unfortunately, we're still waiting on a fix for the issue. I'm sorry that it's taking so long for a resolution. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is there a series of steps I can take to put GPS back into normal mode? I like the wifi calling, but I also use my GPS regularly.

Also, wifi calling seems to need its in call volume settings adjusted. The volumes are set far too low. The call is clear, but needs amplification. I am using the HK version of the phone, so I do not expect inadequate volume.

Master

KTKEARNEY - Thanks for reaching out to us. In order to get your GPS functionality back in working order, you would have to disable the wifi calling and do a network reset. To do a network reset do a open dial pad> and enter ##72786# > you should see Menu>Reset and the phone should reboot. Once the phone reboots, it will go through several updates your GPS functionality should be back to normal. Let us know if this helps. - Andy
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can someone try using novo launcher you want be able to start wifi calling from the app shortcut but just go to settings and start it from there I was having the issue as well but since I started using nova the issue has disappeared so in short I don't know if it's the alternet launcher are some other reason but have had no problems with navigation and that's just leaving wifi inabled let the phone switch by itself

Journeyman

Any idea when a fix will be released for this issue? I'd like to use WIFI calling, but I use apps that require GPS too.

Master

broncop3t3_,

Have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps previously mentioned in this thread by Andy? Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just did or. It works, but still no fix so you can use WiFi calling that I know of yet.

Master

Gersonian,

Unfortunately, there is no fix yet. We're working with the manufacturer to get this issue resolved.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's doing the same thing on my galaxy s4 and my boyfriend note 3.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat