Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 won't make calls or use 3g/4g

Journeyman

HTC One M8 won't make calls or use 3g/4g

I am extremely disappointed with Sprint. Extremely does not even begin to exlplain my level of current frustration.

About 2 weeks ago, my wife and I both got new HTC One M8 phones. The exact same phone, both shipped to us on the exact same day (from the same place). We activated both of the phones, and everything seemed great, phones worked awesome.

We live about 200 feet from a cell tower off Station Road zip 08014 (Sprint Care - go ahead and check for "tower issues"). My phone (ends in 5515) works fine everywhere, my wife's phone (ends in 3300) works great at home. Only problem is when she is ANYWHERE outside of my residence the phone is a brick. It will not do anything, it will not send or receive calls. No data PERIOD (The browser says i'm offline). The Cell signal fluctuates constantly up and down from full to nothing (while my phone shows full signal).

So we were unaware of a problem until recently when she was out and tried to make a call. Sprint support threw the usual kitchen sink of profile updates and dailing a few different ## numbers. Of course i'm at home at the time, where the phone works fine. All these "tests" pass with flying colors and Sprint assured me if the phone "works" now the phone is completely fine. I don't trust this, so i drive a few miles away from my house, and LONE BEHOLD - the phone doesn't work.

Here's the thing that bothers me...When the phone goes reboots it does not say "Sprint Spark" which mine does. Also when trying to make a call anywhere (Even at home when the phone works) in the top left corner it says "HTC" instead of "Sprint". The Android pull down menu also says "HTC" while mine says Sprint. I pointed this out to customer service and they said it WAS NOT A PROBLEM. I seriously beg to differ. I also mentioned that Sprint Zone seemed to not exist on the phone (nor does Sprint ID) and they say thats not a big deal. I seriously thing this phone isn't setup right.

So I called Sprint Customer Care back again, this time from a spot where the phone doesn't work (from my working sprint phone). And I was told to go to sprint store...oh WAIT IT GETS BETTER.... Since i'm past the 14 day period i'm responsible for replacement or to pay for "service fees"... and Insurance would cost the deductible....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Your own techs are telling me the phone is fine, at my house based on their assessment... YET YOU HOLD ME TO A HIGHER RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW BETTER THAN THEM. Your going to hold me to a 14 day window and then you wash your hands with me?

I believe YOU SPRINT are the issue here, how can you treat a customer so unfairly. So I spent over 2 hours on Mothers Day on the phone with your support which i fully believed wasted my time, and probably lied to me. You expect me to be aware of an issue that occurs outside my residence.

I will be visiting a Sprint Store and will be expecting a resolution that does not involve me needing to go out of pocket to address this issue.

I would love to hear from someone with authority a Sprint, because your support people are seemingly worthless.

I'm certain you can figure out who I am by this post and would love to hear from you...day or night.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Dimundave0911 - I know this is frustrating for you. I would like for you to email us at Sprintcares@Sprint.com with your full name, phone number, PIN or security answer, and the link to this thread. We want to assist you further. Also, you can visit Sprint.com/storelocator to find the nearest repair store. We will be looking forward to receiving your email. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

In having the same issues except mine does not work at home and it work when in in the city of Houston. Customer service pushes me to store, stores push me to customer service/tower issues and to HTC. A tech is suppose to call me within 24 hrs. I can't help but feel im going to get screwed here based and all the HTC one m8 issues. 1 month old phone, $600 phone, about$200 a month,my phone can not make calls, customer for over 8 yrs and I am not very happy...77429,spring cypress and barker cypress

Master

fidomorin, thanks for contacting us! I took a look at your area and all towers appear to be functioning properly. A few towers have been upgraded already and we are waiting on the remaining to catch up. Currently we do not have a specific time frame of when the remaining towers will be completed but you can keep updated at Sprint.com/network to watch the progress. As for your M8 we can try a few things. In the Mobile Data Settings, please make sure that the boxes for Voice and Domestic are not checked. This will insure that your device is searching for a signal from a Sprint tower only. Also, you can update the device by following these steps, http://bit.ly/1e2ScI3. I hope this is helpful. Keep me posted if you have questions. *Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

I went through hell with problems with my M8. Sprint CS kept blaming towers depending on who I talked to because some operators would tell me there should be no tower issues. Anyway, after many more problems and another device it ended up being that they had the wrong SIM card serial number tied to my device. I wasted many hours over three weeks of issues and it was HTC that told me to have them check the SIM married to my device and that was it! My guess is that Sprint techs are not used to deal with SIM cards yet so it never crosses their mind to check SIM status against the devices.

Journeyman

I just returned my second new (out of the box) M8 to the store luckily on day 14 so I was issued a full refund. This is a chronic problem with almost all the M8s out there right now. I had them replace the first one last week and today I asked for a refund because it won't connect at all. This seems to be a software update that needs to be issued because the guys at the sprint store said they can't do anything to fix this phone because they are waiting on HTC to issue a new update. This problem needs to be fixed asap! If I were you I would return the phone and ask for a full refund. Without a signal it's a brick. The guys at the Sprint store I went to were very nice and said, basically, nothing they can do until HTC acts. Other than this problem the phone is wonderful and I love it but sprint needs to get on this right away or I will turn to Verizon or AT&T. Luckily I acted quickly with this phone and had it replaced and then refunded before I was locked into another 2 year contract. I'll wait for the next best phone I guess.

Master

AngieMHogan, I am sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time with getting signal on your M8. We want you to take full advantage of this great device! We are currently looking into a fix. Because the device is a Spark capable phone, your area will need to be fully upgraded to Spark in order for everything to function properly. The troubles appears to occur when switching from LTE to 3G or vice versa. At this time, the best workaround is to switch the phone to CDMA only which tends to stabilize signal. As soon as a fix is in place, we'll publish information here on the forums with all the necessary details. Keep me posted if there is anything I can do to help at this time. *Sarah W Social Care
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat