cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One Max Issue with Vehicle Bluetooth

Journeyman

HTC One Max Issue with Vehicle Bluetooth

Anyone else having an issue with maintaining bluetooth connection with their vehicles bluetooth system? The phone works great after I first Pair it and afterwards it just stops connecting with my vehicle.

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: HTC One Max Issue with Vehicle Bluetooth

ive a launch day one max. no issues at all in the vehicle its paired to. clear clean BT audio. i stream soundcloud, pandora, noozy app and poweramp. no issues at all nor any issues with phone calls.

list your car here so others can test and report back. go to your car manufacturers' website and see if they list the htc one as compatible. the bluetooth stack in the head unit of your car is the deciding factor on how well it pairs with mobile phones.

ASSuming you are stock and not rooted, make sure background data is checked. turn off fastboot if ticked.

what app are you trying to stream with? try different apps. some apps may have settings that persist in the background so the car can pick up the connection.

Master

Serpentores
Thank you for reaching out to us! I am sorry to hear about this issue. Do you have any other Bluetooth accessories that you are able to connect to the device? Do you have this issue with any of these accessories? Let us know!
-Patrick
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I make sure background data is checked? Where do to turn off fastboot?

Wizard

fastboot is unticked by default but its in the settings page. if you have not ever seen it its most likely unticked.

accounts and sync (going from memory as my max is not in front of me at the moment) should have background data...

these are baby steps to just verify. its possible your head unit's BT stack is not compatible with the stack in the one max.

if your cars manufacturers' website has a section for compatible BT devices, just check out which one of the NEWER phones are supported--even if its not an htc, if its a newer device, see if it has the same BT version as the htc one max .

Journeyman

I can not find where those settings you want me to check are located. I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS. The website from Mitsubishi shows that the HTC One works with the bluetooth my question is aren't the HTC one and the one max basically the same? http://www.mitsubishihandsfree.com/findaphone.taf

Wizard

yes both devices are similar.

you could have an issue that is specific/local to your device, and you may need to do a factory reset (worst case).

its super difficult to diagnose bluetooth issues over the internet.

some things you can do are to pair your phone with another car (any car) that you have access to to determine if its something specific to your cars HU. this is a bit of hoop jumping, but can prevent you from chasing your tail.

factory reset.

if you have un-paired the device and re-paired it back to your car and its still having the same issue, it could be an incompatibility with the cars HU (its bluetooth stack) and the BT version 4.x in the htc one max.

i have a 2012 model car and i have not had any issues. in fact i get a bit better bt performance than i did on the htc one.

Master

Hello there,

Same of the settings on the devices are the same, but some of the functions are different. I would suggest to try to connect the device to maybe ur PC or a bluetooth headset if you have one and see how the connection is.

Thank you,

*Paida

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat