cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one M8 Spark(4g LTE?) not working well in Atlanta area

Journeyman

Re: HTC one M8 Spark(4g LTE?) not working well in Atlanta area

Spark not working well enough here in Blacksburg SC 29702. I get the icon but phone call will not come in. i can make them . Do everything else. But If someone calls me it goes right to my voice mail. Any fix yet or still upgrading in my area ..

Journeyman

@Latonya Thank so much for that updated information. I will continue to sprint.com/network for updates. Thank you once again

Journeyman

I have been having issues with connectivity since Saturday night. Now I can't even make phone calls or send text messages even with me connected on the 3G network. I live in Ridgewood, NY and work in Times Sq.

The steps I have taken are the following:

• Restarted the phone.
  • Switched it CDMA only.
  • Dialed ##72786#
  • Updated the PRL

The HTC M8 is a really good phone but it is aggravating that I can't even make a call on it. 

Master

DANCINGWIND,

Thanks for reaching out with your issues. I would like to look further into this for you. Please provide zip and cross streets for the affected areas so I can have a look at the towers. Thanks in advance!

Sean L
Social Care
Journeyman

I've had the same issues. My previous HTC Evo LTE was often able to connect to LTE in most parts of Atlanta, whereas I'm lucky to get access to any sort of data connection (LTE or otherwise) on the M8. At this point it's only useful on WiFi connections. I'm mostly in 30318: 14th and Howell Mill, 14th and State St, and elsewhere.

On another, unrelated note, y'all need to be trained on Sprint's Google Voice integration, because I had a terrible experience when upgrading the phone (and switching to Framily, which was not my choice, but forced upon me). Luckily and contrary to the people at Sprint, my voice integration still works (albeit not tremendously, but that's more of Google's fault).

Screenshot_2014-06-13-16-02-51[1].png

Master

benmcmillan,

There is a known issue with this Spark devices and connecting to the network. You may want to try to switch the device to CDMA only for the time being. We are working with the manufacturer for a fix. You may also want to toggle airplane mode regularly until we can get this fixed.

Sean L
Social Care
Master

Folks, if you haven't already done, so please accept the update being pushed to your phones by us this week.  It addresses many of the connectivity issues with the M8 (both editions).  Details about the udpate can be found in post at the top of M8 forum but please let us know if you experience issues as well.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team
Happy Connecting!

Journeyman

Sorry for the long wait on the reply. As I told Sprint Tech Support over the last month on the phone. I am mobile for the majority of my day and the issue happens everywhere I go. With exception of the midtown/times sq area (where I work) everywhere else it is really bad

Journeyman

Sprint, you are liars! I had an iPhone 5s with no 4G reception in my area although your deceptive graphs said I had 4G/ Sprint Spark in my area. I called to complain today and the representative told me that there were three Sprint Spark towers near my home. I decided to use of my upgrades and got the M8 a few hours ago. I was under the impression that since Sprk doesnt support Apple products, it would work on the M8. I brought it home and still had only 3G at home. Now I'm out the activation fee and the restocking fee. This has been an absolute waste of my time and money. I am very upset and considering moving to another provider such as T-Mobile where at least I know I'll get 4G service.

Highlighted
Master

quach.steven,

Not what I like to hear is going on at all. Would you mind if I start by checking out your towers? I would just need your cross streets and zip to get started.

While I check the towers would you mind letting me know the software version your M8 is on and then try toggling Airplane Mode on for a minute and then off. This last step will force all of the antennas to reconnect and give you a fresh connection.

*Ben
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat