ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just updated my HTC One M8 and lost connection to Sprint network and even to wifi

Journeyman

Just updated my HTC One M8 and lost connection to Sprint network and even to wifi

My phone was working fine, even after an update over the weekend, but this morning it wanted to do another update and now I have lost connection to the Sprint network and it will not connect to WiFi.  I have done a restore and even contacted HTC support and they could not do anything for me.  I barely got the phone last week.  Anyone else having this issue, what can I do about it?  The phone was a replacement for my old HTC One through Best Buy's Geek Squad.

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: Just updated my HTC One M8 and lost connection to Sprint network and even to wifi

DID YOU TRY A NETWORK RESET? "To do a network reset do a open dial pad> and enter ##72786# > you should see Menu>Reset and the phone should reboot."

Journeyman

Re: Just updated my HTC One M8 and lost connection to Sprint network and even to wifi

Thanks, but still nothing.  Still getting "Call Not Sent" when trying to make a call.  Wireless networks that are working fine I get an error that they are "unstable".  If I call my phone it goes to voicemail after a couple rings and I do get a missed call notification so something is still working.  I think I am also missing text messages, but it just comes over and wanting me to download them, but can't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally got my issue resolved, thanks to Carter over at Sprint Store #410.  Had to do a different type of network reset that worked for me.

Master

natalikei

We apologize for the inconvenience. We would like to help. Please follow this link, http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send us a private message, with the best contact number and time to reach you. We appreciate your business.

- Chequitha
Sprint Social Care
Master

natalikei - Glad to hear you was able to get your issue resolved. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask us. - Luchev
Sprint Social Care
Master

natalikei,

Glad we were able to resolve your issues. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

- David
Sprint Social Care
Master

ELJEFE38, Thanks for the suggestion. Great troubleshooting advice. If there is anything else we can assist you with, let us know. We are here to help. - Lori
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same issue (no calls, no data, no Wifi) since I upgraded my M8 to 3.30.651.2 on Monday.  After an online chat I was sent to a Sprint store for an appointment, but they were unable to fix the issue and ordered a replacement phone.  Just wondering if there is a solution, since if this is an issue related to the software upgrade I"m not confident just getting new hardware will fix it.

Master

briand327

We are not aware of any known issues with the new update as of now. Usually the store will do a hard reset on the phone to make sure it is not a software issue, if the problem persist after the hard reset then most likely there is something wrong with the phone and needs to be replaced.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

That isn't much of an answer, since two people on this very thread have reported the same issue and been able to resolve without getting a new phone.  My phone was working perfectly before the upgrade.  But I will wait for a new handset and see if that helps.

Master

briand327

We understand your concern. You mentioned that you already brought the phone to the store and they could not fix it. There is only so much that could be done on the phone and hard resetting is usually the last resort in fixing the issue. We apologize for what happened.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat