cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard freaking out?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keyboard freaking out?

I'm not sure how to accurately explain this but I will try my best.

When texting my keyboard (or at least I think it's my keyboard) just starts freaking out and opening menus, opening google search, and sometimes even starts calling the person I'm texting.  When I touch the add text box it just opens up a menu, tries to delete my text thread, or even sends messages when I'm not even touching the screen.  When I try to back out of a menu it just opens another and it only happens when I'm texting, never when I am typing in the internet browser.  I am going out of my mind.

I thought it was because the screen is super sensitive but it's just keeps happening and I've had this phone long enough to get used to the touch screen.  It is annoying me to the point where I want to chuck it off the roof of my office building.  Is anyone else experiencing this or know what's going on?  is this s software problem or something?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Keyboard freaking out?

Atomika,

That's very frustrating. This is a software issue. Have you backed up your phone? You may need to do a hard reset on your phone. This will bring it back to original settings and everything will be lost on the phone. Are you able to take the phone into a Sprint repair store? Visit this link to find a repair store near you. http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx .

Linda
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

Re: Keyboard freaking out?

force stop the texting app and if anything download a 3rd party messaging app like handcent or gosms...run that one instead and see if the same thing happens..if it does then its a phone issue...if it doesnt then its the app itself...i would do this first to rule some thing out before jumping to a reset on the phone...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat