cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE and dropped calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE and dropped calls

Anyone else experiencing dropped calls while using the One Maxx. I am in zip code 18103 and my device shows Sprint spark but when I try to make a call while on LTE, call drops two or three times in a row before going through. My wife has an iPhone 5 with Sprint and is not experiencing this issue. I have resulted to switching to cdma only on my device, which seems to alleviate the issues for calls.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizard

no issues with me and the one max and i am in LA county. i have had the max since launch day.

you are experiencing network vision growing pains. our devices are new and are among the first to have the old nextell bands (800 mhz) for use with LTE. in doing this, sprint is having to upgrade legacy switches, towers, backhaul equipment, etc. across all the country and this is taking time. you may experience drop outs here and there in different parts of your calling area for a while--this is to be expected.

defaulting to CDMA will help in your case since not all of your calling area is setup. i can tell you i am getting LTE in my place with no issues, whereas with conventional 3G i needed to use my airvana (Still do for people who come over) as the cdma signal was not even avail to use reliably. Spark and LTE its amazing. and I love the little animated spark icon when it gets to going.. color me simple i guess....

this new network will take time. there are sites dedicated to sprint's rollout of their service so i suggest you bookmark these sites (easily found with your favorite internet search engine) and keep track in your area.

Highlighted
Master

Famofx,

That is really strange, and there are no known issues with Spark and HTC One Max. Try clearing your browser cache and dial ##72786#. This will do a soft reset on your device. Keep me posted and let me know if you are still experiencing issues!

Thanks!

Samantha

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did as you requested, and a see maybe one more bar in signal strength but today I had a stretch in Bethlehem pa where I couldn't make any out going calls(18015). Also I am at home now (18103) and whenever I run the Sprint diagnostic in the spring zone app, it says that I failed the voice test.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it has happened to my family 3 lines with 2 Samsungs and HTC One and yes it's not happened to I phones !!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went to a Sprint store and they fix it for me they said is some technical error with the Sprint Spark feature so what they did was to disable 4G LTE and set up for 3G networking until the issue resolves.

Highlighted
Wizard

there is no "technical error". your area is simply not fully setup for 800 mhz LTE and they just went into your mobile data tab and selected "CDMA" only. you could ave done this yourself.

i live in LA and spark is alive and well in all the areas i frequent (santa monica, malibu, downtown la, hollywood/west Hollywood, parts of the valley). if there was a widespread "technical issue" then I would not have any coverage in LTE.

its just easy for them to say "technical error" than to explain the issue because its technical and not what the customer wants to hear or care about.

from time to time, just go into your mobile data tab and select  LTE/CDMA and see if you get a data connection on LTE (the SPARK icon is super cute when its animating!). once you experience Spark, you will love it. I get it in my home when prior on the htc one i could not get LTE here. the 800mhz is good at penetrating deeper into buildings over the PCS freqs sprint uses.

Highlighted
Master

famofx,

Thanks for the location info. I would like to get a better look at the area. Please provide cross streets that coincide with the zip codes that you already provided. Thanks in advance!

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

N. 18th street and Greenleaf st at 18104, Allentown pa

Highlighted
Master

famofx,

Thanks for the information. I don't see any issues in the area, I do see we have completed all upgrades except the implementation of the 800Mhz frequency for LTE. I don't believe this will have an impact on what you're experiencing since it's dealing with voice. To rule out the possibility of being a device issue, have you had the device looked at by one of our service and repair technicians?

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

Steadicam

Thank you for providing your feedback. You input is appreciated.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

famofx

It has been some time since our last correspondence. I wanted to to find out if you are still experiencing the same service interruptions. Please let us know if you are still in need of assistance.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat