cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE and dropped calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE and dropped calls

Anyone else experiencing dropped calls while using the One Maxx. I am in zip code 18103 and my device shows Sprint spark but when I try to make a call while on LTE, call drops two or three times in a row before going through. My wife has an iPhone 5 with Sprint and is not experiencing this issue. I have resulted to switching to cdma only on my device, which seems to alleviate the issues for calls.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry i missed the correspondence that took place on feb 22nd in this thread. But just to give you an update, I am still seeing issues with dropped calls, when i took my device to the local sprint store, then looked it over, and determined it to be the towers in the area. The techinician mentioned one tower only working at 41% capacity (sp?) and he said he was able to see that in once instance i had 12 attempted calls on a tower at a particular time and 7 of them were dropped. The "fix" that was provided, was to take my phone to CDMA only, and go through settings and turn on LTE whenever i wanted to use data, which i dont consider a fix at all. He gave me his card and told me to check back in a few weeks to see if the calibration of the towers in the area was completed. I switch to a Nexus 5 and have seen a slight improvement in calls, but still dropping calls in the area and on my commute to and from work (intersection i-78 and Route 412 In Bethlehem Pa). I understood that with the new network being built out there would be some data challenges, but i have been very disappointed in the call quality that i am experiencing from Sprint.

Highlighted
Master

famofx,

Thank you for the update.  Currently I am not seeing any outages; however I will most certainly mark the two locations you have provided so the Field Techs can take a closer look.  A periodic profile update helps reflect any changes or updates we have done to the towers as well.

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat