cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late sms/mms and slow group messages (mms)

Journeyman

Late sms/mms and slow group messages (mms)

Since the lollipop update, I've been having issues with my messaging. My standard text messages (sms) come through late...sometimes hours later. My group messages (mms) do the same & it's really choppy. Also, sometimes it will break up my sms messages into smaller messages even if it's less than 160 characters. I'm on the HTC One (M8)...but I imagine it's an Android issue. Any suggestions before I cancel my contracts?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Late sms/mms and slow group messages (mms)

HBACK26,

Thank you for reaching out about this. I definitely don't want to see you go and would like to see what we can do to fix this for you. Is this happening on multiple devices or just this particular device? Are you having problems with any other service such as voice or data? What steps have you tried so far? I'd like to start from there.

Talk soon,

Heather
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

Just this device. I had a similar issue when I first bought it & fought with Sprint about it because it was causing me to lose business. They sent me a new phone & it worked fine. However, since the lollipop update, the problem has returned stronger & with additional issues. Now, I know it's not the phone. I've taken to my local Sprint store & they couldn't fix it. I've done soft and hard resets. I've cleared the cache partition & everything else the Sprint techs do. It's really frustrating & I'm sick of it. I have a friend who has the exact same phone w/ Verizon & has ZERO issues. I've been a Sprint customer for more than 15 years & everything seems to be going downhill lately.

Highlighted

HBACK26,

I can definitely check the area for you, as well as I can try a few things our end to see if we can't get this fixed for you. I may even need to submit tickets. Let's start off with checking the area; then we'll go from there. Where are you located? Zip and cross streets will help me get a closer look.

Looking forward to working with you,

Heather
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

I don't want to be mean or rude, but we all know it has nothing to do with the area I live in. But as to no be difficult, I live in 92532 (cross streets are Canyon Hills Rd & Hillside Dr.). I also have an Airave 2.5+ in my home.

GrandMaster

and this happens only while youre at home or when youre out and about as well?

one additional thing to try out is a secondary texting app. not unheard of for a stock messaging app to go off the beaten path a bit. download one from the play store like handcent, gosms or textra and then set it to be your primary texting app..then try it for a full day or so and see how it does..if the problems are still there then that just ruled out the app itself and you can delete the new one..if all of a sudden its working just fine again then the culprit was the stock app and more than likely its needing an update as well.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The fact I haven't heard anything from Sprint is disappointing & quite frankly upsetting. Not only am I getting delayed incoming text messages, but missed calls as well. I'll end having a voicemail without the phone ever even ringing. I will not tolerate this much longer. My wife is 8 months pregnant, and I refuse to be in a situation in which she may not be able to contact me at a moment's notice.

Master

And you tried the suggestion of using another texting app during this time to see if it's a problem with the app itself?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

No. I paid for an HTC phone from Sprint. Therefore one of those companies needs to fix this. It's a phone meant to use for calls and texts. If it can't do the essential functions, then I will seek a phone or phone company that will provide those services....not a 3rd-party.

GrandMaster

if its the stock built in app then it would be on the manufacturer of said phone..all the carrier can do is relay what is going on. since this isnt a wide spread issue (meaning you dont see tons of people with this same issue) then its safe to say its something to do with your phone..could be a rogue app messing with it..could be anything really..by the by is your phone sync'd with google voice or hangouts by chance?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I use Google Hangouts for SMS/MMS and have the same issue. I had it before with the stock app as well. This is a work provided phone, so switching carriers is not an option. I wish this could be resolved. I have updated PRL & Profile. I am hopeful that a future update from HTC will correct it.

GrandMaster

for giggles log out of hangouts and for testing purposes disable it..restart your phone then run it without being connected to hangouts for a few hours to see how it works..not unheard of for google voice to booger things up a bit..i havent heard of to many issues with hangouts but hangouts is also the newer version of voice..so you never know...actually you might be able to boot the phone into safe mode..this will shut down all 3rd party apps and only use the straight stock apps..this is just one of those weird ones where it can be messing up due to multiple possibilities..stock app..hangouts..another rogue app messing with it..i havent ran the stock messaging app for probably 3-4 years now due to them messing up at times..personally i run handcent..better options not to mention way more abilities..especially when it comes to notifications and such.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat