cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HTC M8 Marshmallow update?

Journeyman

Problems with HTC M8 Marshmallow update?

Have any of you noticed a drop in Wi-Fi speeds after this update? Also, the screen unlocking and locking not working anymore?

38 REPLIES 38
Journeyman

Re: Problems with HTC M8 Marshmallow update?

I am seeing problems with the lock screen not allowing the phone to restart, and the phone can not be restarted, just spins but never restarts.  This happened after latest marshmallow update and update for lock screen, that requested a phone restart.

Master

Its possible something didn't update correctly causing a loop during bootup. I haven;t experienced the same on my M8, so I can't offer much advice.

I do plan on performing a hard reset this weekend so I can test it in it's pure form and see what is all present on a stock HTC Marshmallow install. Hopefully the rumors of a near pure android experience carried over to this update as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Smotrs, the only issue I'm experiencing is Bluetooth connectivity (with my car, Bluetooth speaker and headphones), it is very sporadic. I'd already tried a hard reset and a factory reset without success!!

Journeyman

I have the same issue in my car. At first it will disconnect everytime I dial, so I unpair the phone and now the phone wont find my car Bluetooth.  Also, I have notice that the WiFi speed has gone down.

GrandMaster

did the update on the M9 last night and it went pretty smooth. only issue i ran into was Sprint I.D had a hard time kicking back in..but that fixed itself. so far across the board this has been a night and day difference operations wise compared to LP.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I can't get Google Now to open when I swipe up on the home button at the bottom. I checked the Google settings and the 'Show cards' is turned on. Anyone having the same issue or a fix?

Journeyman

Same here. Swipe up won't launch Google Now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's Google Now on Tap so that would pull extra information on whatever app you have opened… Just press and hold the home button.

Journeyman

Hey Sprint could you chime in and let us know if you are aware or working on the Marshmallow update issues that everyone is having?

Also is there a way to revert back to the last version until the issues are fixed on Marshmallow? 

Journeyman

My is working fine. If you tap and hold for few seconds then swipe up it will display the Google now page. Tap on the G to open Google now.

GrandMaster

it would seem the method has changed

also what issues are you having besides the google deal?

thesmtshow replied (in response to sweatytaco) 18 hours ago

It's Google Now on Tap so that would pull extra information on whatever app you have opened… Just press and hold the home button.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat