cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HTC M8 Marshmallow update?

GrandMaster

Re: Problems with HTC M8 Marshmallow update?

i have a feeling they might have changed this on Googles side..try the long press deal another poster mentioned and see if that works. wouldnt be the first time a large update has pushed through and come to find out they made a bunch of changes to how things are done. example..with LP there was a change up on how to get to your bootloader to do a partition wipe..until you googled it you just got a triangle with a ! in the middle..then it kicks  you out of there..the method on how to get to that part changed.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the help.

Journeyman

I've found that it uses much more battery life & all my apps were reset, somehow to share waaaay too much of my phones privacy, women whose numbers I just added to my phone suddenly showed up as friend suggestions on facebook? I really dont like the new update @ all.

Journeyman

I've found that it uses much more battery life & all my apps were reset, somehow to share waaaay too much of my privacy, women whose numbers I just added to my phone suddenly showed up as friend suggestions on Facebook? (never did that before) I really don't like the new update @ all. *I haven't payed attention to the WiFi yet*

GrandMaster

figure out which app is doing it and either get rid of it or check its permissions. just keep in mind that if you make any adjustments to the permissions it might not work how its supposed to.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It seems that Marshmallow on the M8 has a bluetooth issue. I'm having problems with the bluetooth in my car and bluetooth adapter.  The sound get cut off on the bluetooth and in my UConnect the bluetooth disconnect by itself and yes I have reset the phone to factory.  Why hasn't HTC or sprint address the issue?

GrandMaster

more than likely because its a bran new update that was pushed just recently. if they arent getting reports of the issue flooding in then nothing will happen. even if there were a flood of people reporting it to HTC they still must figure out the cause...figure out a fix...then kick out that update to everyone..not a quick type of deal.

Journeyman

looking at reports from last year (you can never find them until you start having problems) Nexus has the same issues with bluetooth.  I was surprise that after almost two or three month of marshmallow being out that HTC and Sprint did not know about the issue.  They get the update I believe 6 month prior for testing from Google.

GrandMaster

google-manufacturer=testing and adjustments for each device that is getting it

manufacturer-carrier to be tested to make sure it doesnt bork up the device with their network

if all is good the ok is given to the manufacturer to release it.

if all is NOT good its pushed back to the manufacturer to fix the issues found..then wash rinse repeat testing between the manufacturer and carrier.

for what its worth im not seeing any BT issues on my M9 after receiving MM.

also keep in mind that all testing is done on bare bones stock devices..so there could always be a app that is conflicting with MM and causing this. then again it might not be..only way to rule this out would be to boot the phone into safe mode and run it like that for most of the day since it shuts down all 3rd party apps.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with my Bluetooth staying connected or not connecting at all. I'll be on a conversation and the connection with Bluetooth will just drop. This is crazy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I should say typo on my part… I meant to say no sound when unlocking/locking the screen, and this was also after updating HTC Lock Screen from the Play Store... Oh no issues with Bluetooth on my end, but the longest I've stayed connected was two hours.

Journeyman

I just called sprint and I got the biggest BS answer for the bluetooth issue with the HTC One M8. The rep told me (I think his name was Gino) that the phone after the update enters to a learning mode and it takes a couple of weeks to learn how to use the phone hardware.  When I pull the BS flag on his statement,  he stated that he just read what is on his screen.  Now if the android OS actually learns how to use the hardware in a couple of weeks thats is a big step towards the AI construct.    It would it be easier if he told me that sprint is aware of the issue and they are working on an update.   Im very disappointed with sprint technical support.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat