cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HTC One M8 in 90703 and 90245 and everywhere in between

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with HTC One M8 in 90703 and 90245 and everywhere in between

I "upgraded" from the HTC One M7 to the HTC One M8, and I have to say I am extremely disappointed. I consistently have no data connection and I frequently have dropped calls or the inability to even make a call. The only place I get a consistent data connection is when I am on Wi-Fi. When I DO get some sort of 3G signal (God forbid I actually get a 4G signal!), it drops the moment I try to download anything. It's a borderline crime to sell a "smartphone" that does not have any accessibility to data or the ability to make or receive a phone call.

Could someone at Sprint please tell me what the status of the towers are at the following intersections:

• Artesia Blvd and Shoemaker Ave (90703)
  • Gridley Rd and Bos St (90703)
  • 183rd St and Studebaker Rd (90703)
  • Imperial Hwy and Nash St (90245)

I believe the day I ordered the HTC One M8 online was March 31, 2014. Can I go back to my HTC One M7 and void the new 2-year-contract?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Problems with HTC One M8 in 90703 and 90245 and everywhere in between

Kepi,

I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with your new phone. The service problems you are experiencing are more likely a result of the Network Vision upgrades going on in your area than a fault with the phone. You do have 14 days to return the new phone and reverse the upgrade, if you purchased on 3/31/14, the 14th day would be 4/13/14/.

I have reviewed the 4 locations you provided, the tower near 183rd St and Studebaker Rd, 90703 is currently going through Network Vision upgrades which will cause service problems for this area. The other 3 towers are reporting normal service levels. While Network Vision upgrades are going on in a market, service problems do occur, especially when traveling. Going between these areas you are touching on upgraded towers and old towers, these towers do not communicate, which will cause dropped calls and other service problems. Changing the network settings on your phone to CDMA only will help establish a more reliable connection and save battery life on your phone. Updating the data profile on your phone will also help with reconnecting to the network.

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Switching to CDMA only is a temporary fix. If I am buying a smartphone, I should be able to use the smartphone AS a smartphone from the first day I activate the phone. I can tolerate a slow connection more than having no connection. It's borderline fraud to advertise a highly advanced phone like the HTC One M8 on a "new" Sprint Spark network when it doesn't even work! I've worked with a tech over the phone and worked with a tech in a Sprint Store and both feel there is something wrong with the phone. I find that hard to believe considering all of the posts of others having issues with the HTC One M8.

This is SO bad that I am considering switching carriers! I want a manager to call me as soon as possible because I am not happy about this. Oh wait... you can't call me because I don't have a connection right now.

Very frustrated long-time Sprint customer

Journeyman

I am having the same problems with my HTC M8 I can not even complete a phone call! Switching to CDMA only doesn't help.

Master

b_mair,

I'm sorry to hear this. May I get cross streets and a zip code where you are experiencing this please? Have you updated the Profile on your phone? Does the update go through or do you see any error messages?

Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat