cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random restarts

Highlighted
Journeyman

Random restarts

A couple of weeks ago, my HTC One Max started randomly rebooting, about once every 3-4 days.  It's not a full reboot, but instead starts at the Sprint Spark screen.  Services also tend to crash during this type of automatic restart, but a manual reboot seems to fix it.  Online research seems to indicate that this is some sort of WiFi problem, but it seems to be getting worse, though at a very slow progression.  There have also been a couple of times when the phone "forgets" it has a Micro SD card inserted.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a workaround?  Or should I put in a TEP claim and get a new one?

8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: Random restarts

ADMIRALSIRJOHN

Have you took you phone to a Sprint store so they can run a diagnostic test? -

Carol
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Not possible.  Closest Sprint Store (independent contractor) is in Erie, PA, 50 miles distant.  As I have no car of my own and with the weather this area has been having, I'd be unlikely to make it there until at least April.

Master

ADMIRALSIRJOHN - It sound like your having a device issue that we can not fix over the phone. We would need to have a look at your phone so we can do a diagnostic test. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Unfortunately, that's not an option, since the local Sprint Store closed almost four years ago.

Master

ADMIRALSIRJOHN - We want to take a look in to this for you. For further assistance, please refer to the following link http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq . - Mana
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The phone is now completely bricked.  Won't turn on, won't recognize chargers, nothing.

Unfortunately, I have no money at present to pay the deductible on my TEP, and the closest repair center is approximately 40 miles distant and essentially unreachable, as I have no way of getting there.

Please advise.

Master

ADMIRALSIRJOHN,

I'm very sorry to hear that your phone is not able to be used now. Please send us a Private Message so we can look into options to assist you further. The information we'll need and a link to PM us can be found here: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X.

Thank you,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Chatting with Michael B at the moment.  He wants me to have it looked at at the closest Sprint Store, but that's not an option, since there's no bus service and my family (I don't drive) won't go that far until after the snow melts.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat