cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a replacement M8, but unable to get latest update....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Received a replacement M8, but unable to get latest update....

I recently had problems sending texts and making calls on my phone, so Sprint decided to send me a replacement.  I've gotten this replacement restored, but I haven't been able to get the latest update.  I'm still running OS 4.4.3.  Has this update been pulled?  I've tried and tried to get it to update, to no avail.  Now I'm beginning to wonder if the update was what was causing my problems with texts and calls?

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Master

Hilkster,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Have you tried going into the settings? Go to Settings, Software Update, Check New. Keep me posted.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Marie, that is how I've tried to pull the update, but I'm told "there are no updates available for your phone."

Highlighted
Master

HilksterYou will have to check with the manufacturer in regards to the update. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, Tuesday night I spent over 4 hours with HTC support, either through Chat sessions or phone calls, trying to update to software version 3.30.651.2,  I noticed that they had the manual update instructions listed on HTC's website.  I was still unable to install the update.  I think called Sprint back, and they recommended I take it into a repair center, which I did yesterday evening, as they said they could update the phone there.

After talking to the technician, he was recommending that I not install this update, due to numerous problems they were seeing with this one.  In fact, he said that it may be that Sprint actually pulled the update due to problems.  Can you confirm if the update has been pulled?  That would certainly save a lot of people from going through all the hassles I had to endure.

Highlighted
Master

Hilkster,

All information on my end shows that update to Software Version 3.30.651.2 is still available for this device. The Service and Repair store should be able to install this update for you.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, it's interesting that not only could I not update it through OTA or manual, but then the repair facility I went to recommended not making the update.  I'll hold off for Lollipop, which should arrive in January.

Highlighted
Master

Hilkster - I've checked the device info for your phone in our system and show that it is up to date with 4.4.3.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So, John, are you saying that 4.4.4 is not available for my device?

Highlighted
Master

Hilkster - Please continue to check your phone for updates as well as the HTC M8 forum found here http://sprint.co/1iyMusG for any new information. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

So whats the verdict? Two reps here are saying different things. My phone is also not letting me update to 4.4.4. It tells me no updates available for my phone.

Whats the deal?

Highlighted
Master

REAKED - Please keep checking your phone settings for any information in regards to new available updates. The link provided in the previous post for more information as well. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat