Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a replacement M8, but unable to get latest update....

Journeyman

Received a replacement M8, but unable to get latest update....

I recently had problems sending texts and making calls on my phone, so Sprint decided to send me a replacement.  I've gotten this replacement restored, but I haven't been able to get the latest update.  I'm still running OS 4.4.3.  Has this update been pulled?  I've tried and tried to get it to update, to no avail.  Now I'm beginning to wonder if the update was what was causing my problems with texts and calls?

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Just saw this on the HTC site:http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-sprint/news/

Master

For what it's worth, the only negative part of that particular version was the addition of ItsOn. However I've seen reports that the software was deactivated for the time being due to excessive battery use.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Just received the update that was showing on HTC site this weekend. Will Sprint be posting anything regarding this one?

Master

Hilkster, Awesome. For the latest news and future updates. Please visit http://sprint.co/1iwLZpn - Nic
Sprint Social Care
Master

Which update are you referring too? Chances are it's already posted. Tell me the version number for the update and I can tell you where it was posted or if it wasn't.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Master

That's actually the latest version. There is nothing newer yet.

Here's the thread about it.

10/29 - HTC One M8 Software Update - 3.30.651.2

Only thing missing from the Change Log is the fact that it also comes with the Eye Experience.

--

Master

Hilkster,

I apologize for the issue you're experiencing. The latest software version 3.30.651.2 was released on 10/29/14. Please perform a backup/restore and retry downloading the software update.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Nope, there is a newer version, but it's still not showing on your website. If you follow the link I posted above to the HTC website, it gives some information, but only says "bug fixes."

Doesn't Sprint have to sign oft these updates before htc can send them out?

Master

Hilkster,

Please visit http://sprint.co/1CrcdT3 to find the latest software version available for your HTC One M8.

Hirscht
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This thread is so funny. It's like noone is bothering to check the HTC website.

Master

Found what your looking for.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/smotrs/Screenshots/Screenshot_2014-12-22-19-34-06.png

Trying to find out what it fixes now.

--

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat