cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringtone volume increases drastically after I receive a call--why?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ringtone volume increases drastically after I receive a call--why?

I had the same problem with the M7 and never found a solution. I was distressed to find that the problem continued with the M8. I set my ringtone and notification volume levels very low so as not to disturb people around me with loud rings. But every time I receive a call and forget to reset the volume levels (which I usually do forget) the next call will ring at maximum volume, loud enough to disturb anyone within 50 feet of me. I have searched and searched for some setting to put a stop to this behavior but I haven't found one. If anyone can tell me how to control the volume, I would be most appreciative.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

frailer,

Thanks for reaching out. Your phone has an in pocket mode feature that increases the ringer volume to avoid missed call while in your pocket or a bag.

The good news is there is also has a quiet ring feature that automatically lowers the ringer volume as soon as you move it. You can activate this by swiping down from the status bar>then tap tools Icon> tap sound> select the Quiet Ring on Pick up option. Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion. But I have always had the option to Quiet Ring on Pickup checked, both with my M7 and now my M8. It doesn't seem to affect the problem I described at all. The phone always rings quietly on the first call, but if I forget to reset the volume, any later call will be LOUD.

Highlighted
Master

frailer - When your phone has increased in volume after the first call, do you have a headset plugged in? Sometimes with a headset/ear piece or bluetooth connected, it may give a different setting while a head piece is plugged in. Let us know. - Andrew B. Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare wrote:

frailer - When your phone has increased in volume after the first call, do you have a headset plugged in? Sometimes with a headset/ear piece or bluetooth connected, it may give a different setting while a head piece is plugged in. Let us know. - Andrew B. Sprint Social Care

No, that's not a solution, either.

I remembered that there used to be a setting in Sound for "system volume," which I never understood. It occurred to me that perhaps it was a kind of "master volume control" that might be affecting my ringtones, but when I looked for it in the latest Sense version I didn't find that setting at all. So I couldn't experiment with that as a solution.

Maybe I'm unusual in having the problem. I don't recall that anybody else has ever reported it. So it may have something to do with the way I use something on the phone, but I can't imagine what that "something" might be.

Highlighted
Master

frailer,

Have you had a chance to take the device into a Sprint Service and Repair store for further troubleshooting?  Please let me know.  Thank you, KC Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat