ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I exhange phones (I need real customer replies soon)?

Journeyman

Should I exhange phones (I need real customer replies soon)?

Since we've just joined Sprint 2-3 days ago, my M8 has been continuously shifting between 3g and 4g LTE. I am NOT relying on a 3g network. Is the LG 2 on a tri-band system? Would I be getting as advertised with a stable 4g connection if I exchanged (14-day policy) my M8 for it? I really like the M8- awesome camera, UI, sound, etc. But it's just not compatible with the Sprint network right now. I am going to talk to my mom about maybe returning both of our phones (she has an S4?), canceling our service, and moving to T-Mobile (but the fee for the phones are too much- practically $500, and her debt and money are screwed right now), just so I can continue using an M8, but on a stable network. If she doesn't go for it, though, I am going to exchange this beloved M8 (thanks alot, Sprint) for something that is compatible with this fucked Sprint network. So any advice or recommendations from the members, users and customers?

22 REPLIES 22
Master

Re: Should I exhange phones (I need real customer replies soon)?

Keitagamii

Here to help. It's possible it's not the network but the device itself but I'd like to look into this for you. Can I get your cross streets and zip to check your area? Have you tried doing a power cycle and profile update?

Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Master

My guess is the area your in and ANY tri band phone will have similar results. When they were messing with the towers in my area I was in and out of 4G all day long, I had to turn it off it was that bad. It has since stabilized once the buildout finished in my area for the majority of the towers, now it stays in 4G (LTE) all day long.

I'm very happy with my M8 now.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I would love to keep my M8, but I only have another week to exchange my phone, and I'm not going to keep this nice phone when I can't even use it, especially considering the fact that there isn't a gaurantee when Sprint Spark is going to be completed and successfully running in my area. I need a phone. The LG G3 is also on Spark? Well, how about the Sony Z2? I heard that the speakers are close to M8 (not Boom Sound unfortunately).

I am right at the cross roads of Jessie Street and Cook Street. I am also near Payne Avenue, Lawson, and Arcade.

Master

Keitagamii - Looking at the area in question. I can see that most upgrades have been completed on your surrounding towers. There are also active spark towers as well. Also there have been some market wide outages in the area that were closed today. The G3 is a spark device as well. Unfortunately we do not offer Sony devices. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. I got my phone and was unable to make or receive any calls or texts. Called costomer care about 3 times ....and you know how Sprint is, they waste time trying resets and changing settings then transfer you to everybody but the cleaning crew until you get pissed and hang up. Customer care sent me to the Sprint "so they could help me better" I was reluctant to waste 2hrs in line at the Sprint store 'cuz everybody knows the only thing Sprint techs know how to do is remove the back and check for moisture damage.Sure enough I wasted time in line at the Sprint store where they laughed and said " what did they think I was going to do?". I ended up just exchanging the phone at the store where I bought it and now I can make calls ...but I never get LTE and keep dropping calls. My daughter has the same phone but she always has LTE ....what the what!!? Just get rid of Sprint we've been paying a "smartphone" fee since 2010 and they still don't have this network together it's ridiculous.

Master

STAYLOR92,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for the experience you've had with the phone and also with the customer service at the store. We value you as our customer and it's our goal to provide you with excellent service. I'm glad that you got the device exchanged and able to make calls. In regards to the dropped calls and the 4G LTE, I'd like to take a closer look at the network and the device. What's your closest intersection and zip code? What's the make and model of your phone?

Thank you,
Eric
Sprint Social Care
Master

I can't guarantee the Z2 isn't Spark ready. I don;t believe it is, but not positive. Your probably best asking that question in the Z2 forum here.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

smotrs,

Thanks for your input. Please visit us at http://bit.ly/1gCkzMz for updates.

- Eric
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I had the same connection problems like you guys. Turned out to be the phone. As soon as I replaced it the problems were gone. I'm so happy right now and everything is working like a charm. So you might look into this.

Master

Dk82

Great to hear that you got your issues resolved. Let us know if you need any assistance.

- Jean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Eric ..sorry to be mean but from reading all the forums it looks like NOBODY knows how to make the HTC M8 get LTE on Sprint. Just for laughs I'll give you my cross streets Wintergreen and Brookside. 06515. I'm sorry but why won't you admit Sprint doesn't know how to fix it. I know the routine by heart 1. You say sorry for the trouble what's the cross street 2. "looks Like an upgrade was just completed in that area- try a soft rest with ## blah blah # 3. Bring it to the Sprint store so they can take your brand new phone and switch it with a refurbished phone that still doesn't work , because on top of having the highest priced plans we'd love to steal your new phone and harvest it for parts it's a win win ...for Sprint Haaaaahhaaaaa. if you can get this phone on 4g I'll write an apology post lol

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat