cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Introducting the HTC One (M8) harmon/kardon

Sprint Product Ambassador

It is not often anymore that you hear words like “revolutionary” and “breakthrough” to describe new phones. With screens as big as TVs in your hand, snappy processors, and piles of wiz bang features there has just not been anything lately to come along that the pundits say “wow!”

So when I heard this words used to describe the HTC One M8 Harmon/Karmon Sprint exclusive edition I was immediately intrigued.

htc-one-m8-harman-kardon.jpg

Lucky for me it just so happens that I have one of the greatest volunteer roles in all of corporate America as a Sprint Product Ambassador and now have this device to review. Lucky for you I get to use this blog to tell you all about it.

First let me get one of the big questions out of the way. What makes this HTC One M8 different from the HTC One M8 that launch a few weeks ago and blogged about previously? Basically all the specs are the same with the exception of few really cool value added differences.

Get the Sprint exclusive harmon/kardon version and you will find yourself in audiophile heaven thanks to (from the official press release):

•    A revolutionary application --
    HARMAN’s Clari-Fi -- that restores and “rebuilds” music fidelity lost during audio compression. The first time in a mobile device, Clari-Fi yields richer, deeper and clearer sound quality for compressed digital music (like MP3 downloads or streaming services like Spotify®).

• Lossless HD Audio muic reproduction via a 24bit/192kHz DAC that delivers roughly six times the information of compact disc music and 60 times the information of an MP3 or streaming music
    source when playing high-res digital (FLAC) downloads from sources like HDtracks.com.

• The HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition features industry-leading sound with HTC’s proprietary front-facing speakers, dedicated custom amps for the speakers and headphones, and the device comes bundled with a custom set of Harman Kardon AE-S headphones with extended bass response -- a $149 retail value

• As a bonus, Sprint will offer the Harman Kardon Onyx Studio, sold exclusively by Sprint, for just $99.99 when purchased with the HTC One (M8) Harman Kardon edition. A $399.99 retail value, the Harman/ Kardon Onyx Studio provides the ultimate sound companion to all smart Bluetooth® devices, furnishing room-filling sound through its four powered speakers and dual passive radiators.

I have gone a bit Bluetooth speaker crazy in the last couple of months and can tell you that the sound from the Onyx Studio and absolutely amazing and a no brainer purchase at $99.

Here is the terrific quote from the Sprint CEO:

“For years, mobile music has been watered down and compressed into small, low-resolution digital files,” said Dan Hesse, Sprint CEO. “The technological advances in smartphone processors and memories make high-quality audio possible today, so Sprint, HARMAN and HTC have partnered to bring this breakthrough to our customers.”

Also, check out this USA today article and nterview with Dan Hesse. Clearly he is as excited about it as I have seen him about any new Sprint Product:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2014/04/29/sprint-unveils-htc-one-audiophile-phone...

So what do I think? You will have to check back in a couple of days to find out as open the box and get busy enjoying music and premium sound. Stay tuned!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test outall sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the  information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.     The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.       
#sprintemployee.