cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: HTC M8 UFocus & Foregrounder Easy to Use Editing Options

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the things I always look forward in testing with a new phone is the camera. I have two little girls and I want to capture every moment I can as they are growing. This year, HTC added UFocus and Foregrounder editing options for your pictures. I took some great pictures over the holiday weekend and would like to share couple of pictures with UFocus and Foregrounder edits.

Note: These options are not available when Zoe mode is used.

UFocus 2.jpg

First, I wanted to try UFocus and that is what the secondary camera on the back is for depth. There is nothing to setup in advance.

1. Open a picture from your Gallery or one just taken.
  2. Tap on your screen
  3. Tap Edit
  4. Tap UFocus
  5. Select the object in the picture you want to focus on and rest will be blurred.

Easter 1.jpg

Then I tried Foregrounder on one of my picture and I really liked the way this one turned out. Foregrounder offers 4 editing options Sketch, Zoom Blur, Cartoon and Colorize. In the example above, I used Colorize. The steps for using this editing option is similar to UFocus and selecting the part of the picture you want Colorized after selecting a picture from your Gallery.

1. Select picture from Gallery or newly taken picture in camera mode
  2. Tap on your screen
  3. Tap Edit
  4. Tap Foregroundger
  5. Tap Sketch, Zoom Blur, Cartoon or Colorize
  6. Select the object in the picture you want to Sketch, Zoom Blur, Cartoon or Colorize.

Both editing options are easy to use and for me have had great looking results. I will be blogging on some of the other camera modes/features soon.

Check back or follow me if you would like to see more on the HTC One M8 Duo camera.

Thanks,

Your HTC One M8 Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. sprintemployee