cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: HTC One (M8) first thoughts

Journeyman

m8_1.jpg (source)

The new 2014 Flagships have started to roll out, and with
that comes the ultimate life changing decision: Which one do I get? The HTC One (M8), arguably the best looking
android phone available, would be a phone you will not regret getting.

m8_2.jpg(source)

A quick rundown of the specs show top of the line hardware:

-Snapdragon 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor

-32GB of internal memory (expandable to an impressive 128GB via microSD slot, and free 50GB of Google Drive space for 2 years)

-2600 mAh Lithium Ion Battery

-5” 1080p display

-Bluetooth 4.0

-Metal Unibody Design

-Duo Camera, 1 4 megapixel (UltraPixel) camera, and one 2
megapixel depth sensor camera

The hardware elements, complemented by android 4.4 (Kit Kat)
and the new sense 6.0 make this the absolute best experience ever offered by
any other HTC phone.

m8_3.jpg(source)

If you are like me, you may have been a huge fan of HTC’s design, but never much of a Sense fan.
Rest assured, though, that this phone will make you change your mind. The Sense user interface has been
a staple for HTC since it was introduced back in 2009 on the HTC Hero. It has evolved substantially since then,

and has been streamlined to offer a better (and smoother) experience. Beyond that, since the UI is built on
Android’s Kit Kat, which continued to push towards a more fluid Android experience with project
svelte
, the user experience is more fluid than ever. Combine that with the fastest
response time on any smartphone
, and you have one of the best (if not the best) smartphone experiences available today.
I am a stock android fan, so for me to say that means there has been a
massive shift in the user experience on Sense in a very good way.

m8_4.jpg(source)

Setup was easy, albeit a tad bit long, but it saves work down the road with the HTC transfer tool, setting backup preferences, et
al. After setup is complete, you will notice a couple of home screens by default (customizable in both picking which screen should be the

“home” screen, and expandable for additional screens), and HTC’s blinkfeed. Although my initial instinct was to remove blinkfeed from

the homepages, I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. Not only can you set up feeds from your favorite news sources, but you can

add your social media content and not worry about checking multiple apps to keep up with what’s new.

Overall, the phone seems pretty stable. I have had it for several days now without any real issues. No force closes, no hangs, nothing.

My first impressions are generally positive. I had to adapt to the sense UI since I’m coming from a more “vanilla” experience with the Moto X,
but it was an easy adjustment to make. The phone is exquisitely designed, and although it may not be as thin as other phones, the term

"thin" is relative at this point. The phone feels solid, and exudes high quality with the high end materials used.

In short, if you are in the market for a new phone, but have not been fond of the heavy interfaces that some OEMs offer, don’t rule this one
out. Give it a try, and I promise you will not regret it.

You can find a full comprehensive review here:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/25/5544642/htc-one-review-m8

Any questions or comments?
Feel free to post them below.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee