cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: My final thoughts on the M8 HK edition

Sprint Product Ambassador

hk-third-phone-image.png

I couldn't be happier while reviewing this device. There is so much to love about it. Starting from the beginning would be the design, the beautiful metal case with a gold front and black on the back. This is the best looking phone I have ever seen. I know the design of the HTC One M8 has been talked about forever but you know it's great when every reviewer has to say something about it. HTC hands down makes the best looking and feeling device on the market. The speakers, I can't say enough about them. Why has it taken all the manufactures so long to figure out front facing speaker make the most sense? They are incredibly loud and they don't distort at max volume like most speakers. The camera is great and it's pretty cool to use the after focus effect, thanks to the second camera. HTC has overhauled the camera UI and they did a great job making it very easy to understand. The screen on this device is so clear and just a joy to look at. The colors are very realistic compared to AMOLED screens. I still have a hard time getting over I have a 1080p screen in my pocket. I still remember my crt monitors at 1024x768 and I thought it was amazing then! The battery life is spectacular on my HK M8. I easily get between 24 and 30 hours, with medium use. Heavy use I typically get about 20 hours which is still insane. I have always been a Nexus fan and still love stock android, HTC is the only OEM UI that I actually like using. It is very minimal and nice to look at. I was really happy to see HTC make changes their customers wanted from the M7. I was so pleased by HTC finally keeping the android buttons in the correct order and on the screen. Manufactures need to follow the stock android design by using back, home and multi-task. If not at least let the user customize the buttons. Moving onto the gesture support, the double tap to wake is AMAZING. I never use the power button anymore because the double tap to wake is much easier and natural. This phone is my favorite so far and will be for a long time. HTC really makes a phone that you don't mind holding onto for two years. I had zero issues with my phone while testing for the last month. Call quality is excellent, great radio strength with fast LTE speeds. I was blessed enough to try out the included ear buds from Harmon/Kardon and lets just say I stopped using all other headphones in my house. The added tweaks that Harmon/Kardon designed into the phone made the best phone better. Its like being at a concert every time I fire up Spotify with my HK ear buds.If your on the fence about getting the M8 HK edition stop thinking about it, you wont be disappointed!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.