cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Setting up (or removing) BlinkFeed on the HTC One M8

Journeyman

When BlinkFeed was first introduced on the first generation HTC One (M7), I was skeptical. I thought

"well, this is just another piece of bloatware I am never going to use.". I am an android purist, so I was

not fond of the idea that a manufacturer was pushing something down my throat. After using it on the

new HTC One M8, I completely regret that decision.

http://www.androidguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/sense-6.0-blinkfeed-578x325.jpg  (source)

I have a regimen I follow every morning: I reach for my phone, check my messages, e-mails, and any

other notification I may have, and move on to the news. Before I adopted Google Currents (replaced

by Play Newstand), I would peruse every individual news source I enjoyed frequenting: AndroidPolice,

AndroidCentral, CNN, NPR, TheVerge and Engadget. As much as I loved reading what was new in the

world, going to each website was inconvenient, so Newstand seemed like a Godsend. Now that I have

access to BlinkFeed, Newstand seems like the old "I used to walk 5 miles to school in the snow" story.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/sites/computerworld.com/files/u177/htc-sense-6-d.jpg (source)

BlinkFeed allows you to setup a custom feed from all of your favorite news sources and social media networks!

You can find a step by step guide here, and if you are averse to reading (hopefully not my blogs!), this video

should help. There are a ton of great news sources to choose from, including some of the favorites I mentioned

above. Setup could not be easier, making this one of the best integrated features on any phone. If, even after

reading this, the guide, or watching the video, you still do not want to deal with BlinkFeed, you can easily turn it off

by long-pressing the homescreen, clicking "manage home screen panels", swiping to the BlinkFeed screen and

pressing "remove". 

I urge you to try it, even if you are still skeptical. I know I am glad I gave it a chance. 

What do you think of BlinkFeed? Feel free to post or ask below.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee