cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Spotify on the HTC One (M8) harman/kardon

Sprint Product Ambassador

It turns out that music subscription services are quite popular. I wrote just a couple of weeks ago about being new to the whole subscription music world. Today I would like to share some more information about the Spotify app and my experience on the HTC One (M8) harman/kardon edition. (h/k)

My review is specific to the ad free premium app version that I am trying out thanks to the awesome six months free promotion currently offered to Sprint Framily customers. I have not tried the browser version as there is no need to stream through the computer thanks to the speakers on the HTC One h/k.

06+Spot.png

The Spotify app menu consists of:

Search: use keywords to find artists, full albums, Spotify created playlists and your own previously created playlist. So far at least, I have yet to enter any popular artist and not find several song and album choices. Results populate quickly and there are many options to save songs, artists, and albums.

Browse: This really troubles my ADD. There are so many great options including Top Lists, New Releases and my favorite-- Genres and Moods. I have been using Browse to explore a wide variety of music styles. Workout has great gym options, Focus to help me relax without distraction and even a very obscure and odd channel called Presidential Voices.

04+Spot.png

Want to hear a speech from Teddy Roosevelt in 1909? You will find it on Spotify and many audio books too.

Discover: This is a smart search area with listening suggestions based on your history and what is currently popular.

05+Spot.png

Radio: This is not local radio but instead basically Genre playlists with the option to thumbs down and thumbs up songs. Give the tune thumbs down and you will not hear it again.

Your Music: After you Create playlists, save songs, save albums or save artists here is where they will be found. I am absolutely appreciating the 32G HTC one as I have most of my songs and playlists set to be available offline. These files are Spotify specific and not available after downloading through another app. This is a key to the benefit of the subscription level Spotify membership.

Settings: One option I have tried here is the setting for music quality when streaming or downloading. There are three options including, extreme, high or normal. I have tried all three and it seems that thanks to HTC Clari-Fi each choice sounds great to me.

03+Spot.png

For sure Spotify is helping me make the most out of the amazing speakers on the HTC One (M8) Harman/Kardon edition. Heck, I feel kind of sorry for people who may be trying to listen to music on the tiny little single speaker on other devices.  It really does sound loud and amazing.

Have you tried Spotify yet? Have you heard the music quality difference of the Harman/Kardon edition with Clari-Fi? I am hooked!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.