cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck In Extreme Power Saving Mode

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stuck In Extreme Power Saving Mode

Last week while on a trip down South I noticed when I went to unlock my phone it was stuck on the EPSM screen with the dial spinning in the center as if it was trying to exit, the bottom only has my "back a page" arrow and the home page button, recent apps button is missing when this happens. I've powered off, reset, power/volume reset. I ended up plugging it in and letting it sit on that screen and it finally went away somehow. Fast forward to last night, it began doing the same thing again and I am still stuck with the same situation. Can not pull status bar down, if I unlock goes to same EPSM screen, if I press exit it gets stuck with the spinning dial again. From the lock screen I can open up internet/phone/camera/text as they are my defaults at the bottom of the screen. Battery is at 96% so it's not the standard under 20% jump to EPSM. Has anyone else faced this or heard of this? I love the phone, but this gets annoying quick when I can not use my full phone and features lol. Thanks for your time.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Stuck In Extreme Power Saving Mode

Have you tried disabling the setting to switch to power saving?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey PJ_James,

Here's the problem with that, as I stated, I am unable to go to settings as it will not allow me to pull down my status bar to select settings or let me open my apps to go to settings that way either. I thought I had stated that, I might not have.  It stays stuck on "Please Wait.." on the screen as if it's going to exit EPSM, but it does not exit. In the picture I will provide you will see it's current screen and the fact at the bottom the "Recent Apps" button is not illuminated like the other 2.

2014-06-11 17.43.13.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh I'm sorry I thought that the problem was intermittent, and you could eventually get out of it to turn it off. Try charging it and then turning off the setting that changes it at any percent, and see if that stops it fr randomly turning on the power saving feature.

Highlighted
Master

WTHannon If you are unable to access the phone settings. You will have to reset the phone back to factory settings with the outside keys. This task will erase all unsaved data. Here are the steps:
Press and hold the volume down button, and then press and hold the power button. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons. Press volume down to select factory reset and then press the power button.
Pamela Sprint Social Media
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pamela from Sprint Social Media,

It might be helpful if you told the entire process, as in POWER OFF the Phone, then proceed with VOLUME DOWN and POWER being held. Just for future reference in case another user has an issue and needs to hard reset, with my phone being locked/stuck/froze/whatever, I had to have my phone powered off to be able to do the hard reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also just completed the hard factory reset, and I still have no recent app button nor can I pull the task bar down.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds like it could be a hardware issue. I looked and could only find one discussion about your issue online.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2721851

I don't know if any of that is helpful to you. To me it sounds like the battery percent is being reported somewhere wrongly, or the power saving program is corrupted. I wonder if you can push a downloaded copy of the rom to the phone from your pc without rooting it.

Highlighted
Master

WTHannon,

Yikes. That definitely is an inconvenience, to say the least. Do you have insurance on your line? If a full factory reset is not doing the trick, we may have to do an exchange. Have you been to a service and repair location by any chance?

*Shannon
Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat