cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

Journeyman

This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

This will be good news for some and bad news for others. It's not your phone that's messed up(Good news) it's sprints network(bad news). Their network couldn't handle all of the provisioning commands for the M8 and S5 that went through in the same week. So it killed the Network. BUT mainly just those areas that have Spark availble because Spark wasn't properly tested before it was released. Sprint never fully tests product/services before the put them out just so they can be the one to say we had it first.(just like they did with there version of 4G(wimax) yeah they had it first but when everyone else started their 4G(LTE) the speeds were 3-5 times faster an more consistant than Wimax and of course Sprint had to play catch up.

And now due to the "Spark Network" those of us with a M8 or S5 are S.O.L. until this gets resolved. I've had my M8 for 6 days and couldn't make or receive calls for 3 days and since then I can make a call but any and every call that last longer than 1 minute gets dropped. and internet HA! no facebooking for me unless it's on a wifi signal. The only way to get around this is to get a phone other than an M8 or S5.(although there are several other phones on Spark they work a little better because they were provisioned weeks and even months ago).

Now some M8s and S5s may be working because their provisioning commands made it through before everything went crazy but there are 100 of thousands of phones that did not.And this is only happening on Sprints network, other carries phones are working as designed.

For the recotd I'm not hating on Sprint I have had them for 15 years, I just wanted to let you all know what's going on.

I Hope Sprint doesn't mess with my account or make my service worse for spilling the Beans. LOL

52 REPLIES 52
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

You really could have a bad antenna in the phone the first m8 I got worked perfect for 2.5 days then no data no Sprint service no nothing finally figured the only way to make a call was when it switch to roam I could place a call that would only stay connected for about 30 sec took it to best buy they said it was Sprint towers so I said ok I'm headed to two other towns and if my phone act's the same I'll be back so guess what it wasn't the towers went back to best buy and after two hours of letting them talk to Sprint to fix the problem I finally got tired and said just replace the phone they did and as soon as the new one was turned on I looked over at both laying side by side and the new one had full 5 bars of lte service couldn't help myselfe but I had to point this out to the girl and say I told you so going on two weeks with this one and so far so good so I guess the moral of the story is if they try to blame the towers for no service as they always do check in other towns where their is service to see if it's your phone are tower trouble.

Journeyman

cool beans will go to try and replace the phone today

Journeyman

Man , this s....ks!

I guess is time to move on (and may be .. only may be) return as new customer in a couple of years...

I like Sprint, but I hate their unreliable network coverage 3g, 4g, etc.

Thank you for this valuable info.  I'm now more inclined to quit Sprint.

Thank you

Master

joc_baz,

We are working on to complete update in many area's and stabilize the network. I would hate to lose you as a customer. Have you had your area checked out yet? I would be more then happy to do so for you.

Thanks,

Sequoyah
Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for your reply, however, this answer has been given years ago and you still have done nothing about it.

Why you  (Sprint) took away my comments on the blogs?  Do not want to have aware your Sprint customers how bad is your network here in Silicon Valley?

This is not fair!

Put it back my comments, please.

Journeyman

curious to know was it the phone as in my case or the network?

Journeyman

THE NETWORK!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

CORBETT50 itis absolutely 100% the NETWORK!!!!

Master

El_Guyo_loco,

We'll be more then happy to check your coverage in your area.

Can you please give us your main cross streets and zip code? Let us take a look at your towers to see exactly what's going on with them. We'll do everything we can to get this issue resolved for you. Give us a chance. We can turn this around. Thank you for your help.

Thank you,
April
Journeyman

I'm in NYC (Queens, 11104) and having the same experience.  The phone worked great for a couple of days and now it's a mess.  It connects in Manhattan, where Spark is available, but everywhere else I get NOTHING.  No 3G, no 4G, no phone, nothing.  I have called (from another phone - they couldn't even update the profile because the phone wouldn't connect to the network) and taken the phone to a service center (where she set my phone to 3G only and said that would help until they completed some work on towers in my area - but it didn't). Completely unacceptable.  FIX THIS, SPRINT!

Journeyman

I am having the same issue in Detroit Mi, Dropped calls and little to no data coverage. My cross streets are Grand River and Lennane, I already did my 14 day exchange to get the HTC One M8 so I am out of luck there, how long are we going to have to deal with these issues? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat