Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

Highlighted
Master

Re: This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

Kikobalboa,

I certainly understand your frustration. Spark is part of our future along with all the other network enhancements that are currently underway. Please understand that these upgrades are not a flick of the switch situation. When it comes to high technology like this a full network overhaul can take some time. We are aware of the Spark issues and as soon as a fix has been determined, an update will be automatically pushed to your device. Give us a chance to check the progress of network enhancements by you. Please provide us a zip code and set of cross streets that you frequently travel to when you have a moment.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

seems odd for a sprint rep asking for coordinates of a mobile phone --- key word being mobile.

just sayin'.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They should ask for location to determine closest tower to you and what type of service is available in that area .. Not weird good place to start to diagnose your issue .

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now that sounds like a lot of b s Sprint has coverage in places . And not in others if you ask the right questions they have to tell you where they plan to upgrade and where they have no plans to do so .. I found it very informative and educational when i did .

Highlighted
Journeyman

the update made things worse for me . i dropped my phone in an otter box the front cover got damaged . they won't fix it .i pay the insurance been a customer since 2000 on my own plan residual income . the new offshore owner of sprint . Really doesn't care about the customer base .I paid 99 for the phone they want 150. to replace it with a used phone ? How much sense does that make. the phone is great works fine all over the Country . When i went to Phoenix last month i went to the repair store in Prescott Valley they used to bend over backwards to help you i thought i was in a freezer when i left . The camera screen is broken in half went to graduation to take picture they all came out blue . no one can understand me the speakers vibrate so bad. if you play music i have to use the Bluetooth speakers or distortion hurts my ears . You gotta love it D

Highlighted
Master

bruzzed

I understand that it may seem unfair, but on the bright side, with TEP you won’t have to pay full retail price for the replacement.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues. Zipcode 97006 Walker Rd and 158th, Beaverton, OR . What gives. Got the HTC One M8 because of the features. Can't talk and text or web browes at the same time. I had the HTC 4G LTE which let me do that. Really annoyed. Plus the reception is terrible where I live.

Highlighted
Master

ISLANDSNO72,

I definitely understand the frustration when being used to a certain feature and then it not being there. If you're connected to a Wi-Fi network, you are able to talk and surf. Basically, the phone does not have the SVLTE function that your older phone does. The SVLTE allows for simultaneous talking and surfing without Wi-Fi. Spark phones are designed to get the best and fastest data speeds possible, so it does sacrifice the talk/surf availability. We are working on network enhancements to allow simultaneous voice and data for Spark phones in the future. In regards to reception in the area, please elaborate on the specific issues with service that you're experiencing.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the LG nexus 5 it can not make phone calls in Austin,Tx under the Sprint Spark network. I am always connected to the Spring LTE data network and enjoy the fast data speeds; however; When i try to make a phone call; the phone switches from LTE to eHRPD (as the phone is designed to do) and is unable to connect to Sprint CDMA network. I took it to the repair store and they verified the phone was in working condition and did everything to try to get it too connect but they could not. Their advice to me was to pay them $75 to replace the perfectly good phone I just bought from them 2 months prior at the full price of $400. I was not happy.

Highlighted
Master

TxReggie,

I understand your frustrations. We can look into your account. The device could be under warranty with LG. Please Pm us with your phone number and pin. We are on the case for you. Hang in there. https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post!input.jspa?to=5191314

Social Care,
Lamar
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the HTC One M8, which worked just swell the first few weeks I had it.  Now, I can't talk on my phone in my house, outside of my house or down the block.  I can talk on my phone outside at work - not inside.  I called weeks ago and was told a tower was down by my house - great, fine, swell - I can deal with that.  What is the excuse now?  I have tried my phone on CDMA only - it sucks.  I have tried my phone on auto - it sucks.  If I hear that bleep of a dropped call one more time, I may become clinically insane.  What is the point of paying a cell phone bill when we can't use the phone?  Do I need to re-activate my Evo?  That phone, albeit slow, at least worked.  I could actually have a conversation and make phone calls. 

Regent Ave N & 35th Ave N, Crystal, MN 55422 - two tin cans and a string would work better and Indian Mound St E & Walker Ave S, Wayzata, MN 55391 - at least it is summer so I don't have to freeze outside - and virtually all of northern Minnesota.  Northern MN was bad before, now I may as well leave my phone at home and pray harder that I don't tag a deer driving there or back.

Highlighted
Master

IrassJ

Thank you so much for contacting us. Have you ever taken your device in a local Sprint repair center? How many lines on your account are having these issues? I'm here to help in anyway possible.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat