cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

Master

Re: This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

Ash_Castle,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing. There are no open tickets. I've alerted the network team about the issues that you all are experiencing. Please visit this link http://bit.ly/1iD9bR8 for troubleshooting. Keep us posted!

*Brittney Social Care
Journeyman

I live in tampa, FL one of the first Spark enabled cities and the coverage map show coverage across the tampabay area everywhere i live in the center of the map and i have had nothing but trouble with my M8's connectivity. ive been to two different stores one reprovisioned my device and all of a sudden full bars at the store i asked him about the new airwave technology if it did 4g and he said yes but my device wasnt connected to airwave i find that hard to believe i know most sprint stores use this technology in the stores so their devices are working properly at the point of sale. I took my device to another tech at a different store and he told me to cycle airplane mode and then *18 and then do a profile and prl update, really so i have to force my phone to change towers everytime i drive two miles down the road?? WTF it should automatically change towers and this fix didnt work either. Finally the third techician i went to told me to switch my phone from LTE/CDMA to strait CDMA and disable 4g all together, REALLY??? so i got this 700+$ phone thats suppose to be the cream of the crop and its only capable of boost mobile or prepaid service and even most prepaid services have decent 4g now. I have been a sprint customer for 6 years now and its ridiculous how they dont want to just admit they jumped the gun with releaseing the spark network and technology and furthermore they should have been honest at the point of sale and told me hey that device is only gonna work half assed maybe i would have waited for my upgrade and stayed on my m7 it worked great. I tell ya Im not happy with sprint right now not one bit, you think they would offer a credit for the premium data or just not charge you alltogether until the issue is resolved but nope theyre gready.

Thanks Sprint for selling junk.

Master

norstrand,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. The coverage map is a high level estimate of services and may not accurately reflect the services available in your area. If you provide nearby cross streets and zip code I would be happy to check your area and see the status of the upgrades and services for you.

Also, with the M8, there is the known Spark issue that the third tech told you about, however, there is another issue with the device software. We have released a software update to version 1.54.651.10 which will help with the network connectivity problems you're experiencing. We're still working on the issue with the Spark devices and switching between CDMA and LTE, however, the software update should help resolve some of the connectivity issues you're experiencing. If you have not updated to this yet, please do.

Thank you,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The update didn't help anything on my phone: HTC One (M8). I live in southern California & have issues in Riverside County, LA County, and Orange County. My phone pretty much only works properly at home, simply because I have an Airave. I'm at work right now & have 4 texts that I'm waiting on, that I know for a fact were sent about 3 hours ago. I'm been with Sprint since December of 1999, and they are about a week away from losing me as a customer. I can't continue to have this issue hinder my business.

Journeyman

Same here HBACK26, except I have an AirRave at home and can't send/receive texts without walking to a window desperately trying to get that stupid spark signal.  We've had sprint close to 15 years and are extremely close to ditching them.  They have already given me credit for one month of crappy service.  I'm calling this week to request another credit.

Do you also get the "Data roaming: You have lost data connectivity because..." alert all day long?  It is like they are sending a "Sprint Sucks" alert to my phone sixty times a day.  Yes sprint, you do suck right now, stop reminding me.

Master

Lokicat Thank you for posting with us. When you step outside, does your service become optimal with signal strength and activities? I can check your location to determine if Sprint Spark is completed and other upgrades as well if you provide me with the zip code and cross streets. Thank you. *David Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes,

I went out to get something to eat and people were using their smartphones inside the restaurant but me....

1 minute ago I just got roaming signal,,, but service didn't work since 8am EDT.

Roaming signal is very slow for data,.. so please fix this problem,,, its been a week and no evidence of a clear solution

Master

DAKATMIAMI Thank you for informing me of this service situation. Which mobile network do you have your HTC ONE M8 on and may I look at your coverage upgrade details by providing me a zip code and cross streets please? Thanks. *David Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yep....I constantly get the data roaming. or something about not having a data connection. My boss sent me 4 texts around 1pm yesterday & I got them once I got home at 9:30pm.

Master

HBACK26 Thank you for the update. Have you attempted to change your mobile network to CDMA only and view those results? *David Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, I've done that....with the exact same results. I'm done with this. July 1st, I will have a different carrier and dare Sprint to try & charge me for canceling my contract. This is absolutely ridiculous. Loyal customer for more than 14 years.

Journeyman

It's not only your M8 that's having issues. I got the S5 and have the same problems as you, it's the new and improved

" LTE SPARK" lol. It's very frustrating and really ticks me off that we spent all this money to have the latest technology and Sprint is telling us to put our phones on CDMA...so we're going backwards...give me my Samsung S3 back, It didn't have any problems with the 4G. And NO sprint...it's not the intersection or zip code...I travel 50 miles to work and it makes no difference where I'm at, people text me asking me why I'm not answering my phone..it doesn't even show calls as missed...no record at all. Yes sprint, you keep talking about an update to the phone and also to the network..WHEN?

HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT? I was on the pre-order list, I've had my phone now since the day it became available...after 16 years with you guys I think it's time to seriously start looking into a new carrier.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat