ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

Journeyman

Re: This is why the HTC One M8 Doesn't work,

Then why in the world would you ( Sprint ) advertise sprint Spark and how wonderful the devices are when there is no system to run them on ? That's absolutely ridiculous ! Who would buy an HTC m8 with spark if they were told up front the system doesn't yet exist to use it ? but be patient , by the time your phone is obsolete the system should be up and running ! I was told three months ago my area would be upgraded in three months ...the other day I was told , it'll all be done in three months ... Is that just the corporate response ? Sprint should be ashamed of themselves....

Master

Htcfail,

To get a better understanding what's taking place, we're doing a complete rip and replacement of our network. Sprint has installed new network equipment and software that brings multiple spectrum bands, and airwaves, on a single Multimode base station together. In order to determine what's taking place in our area(s), may you please provide two cross streets and the zip code where you're having trouble?

Nicole,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ive done that ...MANY times ...was told a couple months ago it would be done in three months ...was told a week ago it would be done in three months , ... WHY would they sell phones made for a system that is no were near done ? You'd HAVE to know they wouldn't work right ? and when they DON'T work right , why would you not offer your customers to have another phone that DOES work ? ... instead I get the option of getting a used replacement ( "refurbished " ) phone to replace my brand new one (that has been replaced once already?) with no guarantee of anything being any different ? and am told by your people it wont make a difference anyhow because the system as it stands wont work with these phones ? ...BUT , your happy to leave me and many other folk stuck in contracts with phones that don't work ?...

Journeyman

Hi there - no, I haven't taken it in - like everyone, I am really busy and it's hard to find time to go trouble shoot at a store.     I only have one line. Given the frustration of this ongoing situation, I am about ready to light the phone on fire and move to Verizon.  It's disheartening to defend Sprint for 15 years and then find that the phone I spent money on and the plan I pay monthly for are useless in an actual phone capacity.  I know it's not your fault - the CS reps - but in the time I have had this phone, the great majority of the time I have not actually been able to speak on the phone.  And when I could actually have a conversation at all, I was ecstatic - until I realized that I should be able to have a conversation on my phone at any given time and place, since it is the service for which I pay and all.  So, now I will take time to go to a store to try to get this figured out.  Thank you for reaching out.    I appreciate the effort you - the CS reps - put forth to try to help us. 

Master

IrassJ,

Good afternoon. I wanted to follow up with you to see if your phone is working properly now. Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Audrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I too have had the same issue. Coverage map shows LTE signal in my area. Yet towers do not support CSFB to allow calls to go through to my phone. How can Sprint support advertisements of devices that they cannot support? I am looking to end my contract with Sprint over this.

Master

LARGO213,

I'm pleased that you have chosen Sprint as your service provider, and want to ensure you receive the service you deserve. Please provide two cross streets and the zip code where you're experiencing trouble. I'm here to help.

Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

NIC, the cross streets are Parthenia and International Ave. in Canoga Park, CA. I have already been to a Sprint Store to have this checked. They have confirmed that Sprint as a whole has a lack of CSFB support in its current towers. Thus making my phone useless to receive calls while phone is on LTE coverage. This is why I am trying to cancel my contract extension.

Master

LARGO213, There are no reported outages in the area. I want to look into this further. Please send me a private message. You can private message me by clicking on my avatar, and clicking the Send a private message link on the right. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have sent you a PM.

Master

LARGO213, Awesome! You can expect one of our Social Care representatives to reply within 24 business hours. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care

IrassJ - is your HTC One M8 functioning any better? I live Vadnais Heights area and would love to get another HTC (switch from iPhone 5) but have seen too many issues posted because of Spark.

Anyone else - is there still the issue of not being able to use the phone as a "phone"? I have to have a functioning phone as I don't have a landline. I have seen the WiFi calling issue but not concerned about that.

Thanks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat