Did you mean: 

Update to Android 4.4.3 and other changes

Journeyman

Update to Android 4.4.3 and other changes

Update to Android 4.4.3

Find and update the software version on your HTC One M8

Last Updated: Jul 15, 2014

Software Updates - HTC One M8

• Software updates may be released in stages and can take several days for delivery.
  • If prompted that an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Check the current device software:Manually check for updates:Current version:
VersionRelease DateDescription of Enhancements/Fixes
2.16.651.407/15/2014
  • Android 4.4.3
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • HD Voice icon
1.54.651.1006/13/2014
  • Network acquisition enhancements (voice/data)
1.54.651.804/07/2014
  • Network acquisition enhancements
1.12.651.1703/25/2014
  • Initial release

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: Update to Android 4.4.3 and other changes

Additional features include the addition of an HTC File Manager which allows you to manipulate files between the Phone Storage and SD Card. Programs like ES File Manager still won;t work at this time, but at least we got something.

Looking for other things.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

awesome..you guys get yet ANOTHER icon stuck up at the top lol...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Thank god for a bigger screen, ehh? 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I received the update on my HTC One M8 and I am now unable to connect to LTE.

I have completed three Profile Updates, three PRL Updates, and three restarts to no avail. Mobile network set to either Automatic or LTE/CDMA.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Master

WhyPayRent,

Whoa! This doesn't sound good. Allow me to make this right. Sprint's main priority is to provide all of our customers with a great experience, while on the Sprint network. I want to determine if this is a device or a network issue. Please provide two cross streets and the zip code where you're experiencing this. Have you tried setting the device settings to CDMA only? I look forward to hearing from you.

Nicole,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the response. I am at: 525 Washington Blvd, Jersey City, NJ 07310.

Cross streets are Holland Tunnel and Washington Blvd.

I normally have great LTE connection 10 Mbps and up.

I tried CDMA only. I am able to connect through 3g currently at .84mbps. It is only LTE that is the issue.

Based on another thread I also dialed ##72786# to 'refresh' the device and still have the same issue.

Thanks again for the help.

Master

WhyPayRent,

A couple of cell-towers in the area(s) you've provided is under maintenance. One near Mall Drive West in Jersey City and another near, Land Vent Building. To get a better understanding what's taking place, we're doing a complete rip and replacement of our network. Sprint has installed new network equipment and software that brings multiple spectrum bands, and airwaves, on a single Multimode base station together. I would recommend leaving the phone's setting set to CDMA only,for the next 72 hours. I understand, waiting can become frustrating, but I'm confident once upgrades are completed you'll be satisfied. You should be able to utilize the service during upgrades. Updating the phone periodically will allow the device to work to its full potential.

Nicole,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Noted. Thanks for the response and saving me from doing more resets or taking it in.

I appreciate the help!

Master

WhyPayRent,

It's my pleasure. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm here for you. - Nicole,
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How come the addition of 'File Manager" isn't in the change log? I have a ton of apps and am almost never in the app drawer unless I'm installing something and would have never known about this addition without reading it here. Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat