cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does roaming block everything on my brand new HTC One M8?

Journeyman

Why does roaming block everything on my brand new HTC One M8?

I just got my new HTC M8 & it worked fine until I started getting roaming alerts. Every time that pops up, EVERYTHING stops working; no phone calls in or out, no texts, no internet. This happens even when there is Wi-fi available & I am connected to the Wi-fi network.  I have to constantly keep rebooting the phone & then it all starts working again. The first time it happened, I didn't realize that I was cut off.  When I restarted the phone, I got a flood of texts & voicemails.  I already got the connectivity update, but the problem still persists.  If anything, it seems to be happening MORE frequently.  I am well inside city limits, not out in the middle of nowhere.  It happens at work, at home, at the shopping mall where the Sprint store is located, etc. VERY FRUSTRATING to have to constantly keep restarting my BRAND NEW phone, but it fixes the problem every time!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Why does roaming block everything on my brand new HTC One M8?

I realize that it's not an ideal solution, but have you tried disabling roaming?

If you pull down the notification shade with two fingers instead of one to open quick settings, you can add a toggle to the quick settings so that you can turn roaming on or off with a tap if you need to.

Master

Thanks for your assistance userzero

pashaneraustin

Please let me know if userzeros suggestion helps at all. If not, can you please try dialing ##72786# tap menu then tap reset then tap OK. The device will then reboot, then share your results.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Krishel
Social Care
Master

pashaneraustin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sprint is working hard to enhance our service across the nation. Can you provide us a nearby cross street and zip code? We need to look into your area. We are on the case. Hang in there.

Social Care,
Lamar
Journeyman

Ok. To Krishel, I just did the ##72786# thing & the phone went through it's paces & re-set.  I'll let you know if it takes care of the problem or not.

To Lamar, it has been happening near IH-35 & Slaughter Lane in Austin TX 78748.  It was especially bad this afternoon when I was in the parking lot of the Southpark Meadows shopping center where the Sprint store is located.  It locked up at least 10 times in the span of 2 hours.  I was restarting the phone more than I was using it!  I was so excited to get this new phone so I hope you can get the connectivity issues worked out quickly.  From reading these forums, I can see that I am not the only one having this problem.

Journeyman

The error message I kept getting over & over again said something like "Unable to connect to network. LTE-EMM0" (I think).  Sorry, I meant to write it down exactly, but I didn't.  When it would happen, I would always go to settings to look at Mobile Data & every time it was stuck on "Turning on..." FOREVER!  Then I would restart the phone & it would work for a few minutes before locking up again.

Journeyman

Oh well, it did not work.  It is locked up again.  The exact error message is "Unable to establish a wireless data connection.  LTE: EMM-65535"

Master

pashaneraustin - Since the phone is roaming and blocking everything, let us check your location. What is your zip code and nearest cross streets? Also has this been happening no matter where you go? If so you may need to hard reset the phone. - Jonelle Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This will be good news for some and bad news for others. It's not your phone that's messed up(Good news) it's sprints network(bad news). Their network couldn't handle all of the provisioning commands for the M8 and S5 that went through in the same week. So it killed the Network. BUT mainly just those areas that have Spark availble because Spark wasn't properly tested before it was released. Sprint never fully tests product/services before the put them out just so they can be the one to say we had it first.(just like they did with there version of 4G(wimax) yeah they had it first but when everyone else started their 4G(LTE) the speeds were 3-5 times faster an more consistant than Wimax and of course Sprint had to play catch up.

And now due to the "Spark Network" those of us with a M8 or S5 are S.O.L. until this gets resolved. I've had my M8 for 6 days and couldn't make or receive calls for 3 days and since then I can make a call but any and every call that last longer than 1 minute gets dropped. and internet HA! no facebooking for me unless it's on a wifi signal. The only way to get around this is to get a phone other than an M8 or S5.(although there are several other phones on Spark they work a little better because they were provisioned weeks and even months ago).

Now some M8s and S5s may be working because their provisioning commands made it through before everything went crazy but there are 100 of thousands of phones that did not.And this is only happening on Sprints network, other carries phones are working as designed.

For the recotd I'm not hating on Sprint I have had them for 15 years, I just wanted to let you all know what's going on.

Master

El_Guyo_loco - Thank your for your detailed response on several posts. If you need any support from us, we are here to help. We also thank you for your long time loyalty. - Jonelle Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's all good there is no help for this issue but for Sprint to get there shit together. I have had in store help, customer support help, and technical support help and still the same issues. Sprint just needs to get there act together before they start losing customers by the 1000s

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat