cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth issues with Honda after software update

Journeyman

bluetooth issues with Honda after software update

I have been enjoying the ability to have text messages appear on my car screen (Accord sport 2013), or be read aloud if I am driving with my HTC one paired to the car. Well that was until the android update ... now nothing. when I get a text in it doesn't even recognize it anymore.

Also, I can no longer "dial by name" any of the contacts in my phone that are linked to a facebook account, the other names that are not linked will dial perfectly by name.

Has anyone else experiences this issue or anything like it? It is a bit frustrating since it all worked perfectly before the android update. Thanks.

22 REPLIES 22
Wizard

Re: bluetooth issues with Honda after software update

Hey brdcstr1,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concern; sorry to hear of your issue.

Although this is the first time hearing of this issue, I'm happy to forward this feedback to the proper channels so perhaps a solution can soon be produced.

Clearing the cache on the bluetooth application of your device may also help:

• Slide the Notifications panel open, and then touch Apps
  • Swipe to the All tab; find and select bluetooth application
  • In the App info screen, touch Clear data or Clear cache

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

thanks for the info, I will try this later. the htc rep had me try some stuff but nothing worked. i noticed last night that even my imported phone book in the car no longer includes any linked names from the phone.

Journeyman

I have a Honda Accord 2013 EX-L (No Navigation) and experienced the same think with the Honda-link software. All was working well with the last upgrade 4.1.2 and since this new upgrade to 4.3, text messaging does not work. Email alerts now work and I get pictures with all of my user contacts, so there is some progress with the upgrade, but the most important part is now broke.

Wizard

Sounds good, brdcstr1.

Please hang in there if these steps had not worked. I've already passed along the feedback appropriately. Conferring with Honda may also help. Thanks again!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Hey BardZillA,

Thanks for joining in; sorry to hear you're having the same issue. However, the more feedback, the better. I will also ensure you are heard too. Thanks again!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Thanks Gioman, The suggestion fix above with clearing out the app data and cache did help me with getting the messages to display on my HondaLink. However I was unable to get the automatic alerts to pop-up and work like it once did. The interesting thing is that it did fix the ability to alert/read and view e-mails, which did not work before, but now does. After using it a little, it reads every bit of the e-mail. SO when you get those SPAM e-mails full of HTML garbage, it reads every bit of it. That is pretty much worthless to me, however the text messages to pop-up while I am driving, that is very useful and once work with the last version of software for the HTC one. 

Wizard

Glad to hear we're making some progress there, BardZillA.

My assumption is the update somehow through off the Bluetooth software impeding the same connection you had before.

No guarantees, but with Android's flexibility, try to browse through various Bluetooth apps on Google Play (Android Market). There's a chance you may find something that can help a bit.

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

What application would you suggest off the Google Play market to help with this? I guess my phone is having a bad day, I was able to read text messages off of it, however as of last night, it has decided not work anymore....

Journeyman

i have tried 2 different bluetooth apps that give the user a multitude of control over the bluetooth settings. nothing woks. the latest being "bluetooth auto connect".  i wish i could go back to the old software, not being able to do so is a serious flaw.

Wizard

I wouldn't presume to tell you which application would work best; there seems to be plenty of applications available for this purpose.

I can only suggest to put a viable search criteria and use apps based on trial and error.

Thank you.

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for all of your posts, brdcstr1. Please continue to hang in there.

Also try conferring with your vehicle's manufacturer for assistance; trying to adjust the Bluetooth options on your vehicle may help.

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat