cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bluetooth issues with Honda after software update

Journeyman

Re: bluetooth issues with Honda after software update

I wish it was that simple. Honda support is not that much help and they are pretty much clueless when it comes to smart phone technology. One would think after spending $29,000 on a new vehicle that they might be a little more helpful. I originally had the HTC EVO 4G LTE, but it would not import the contacts at all and from what I could gather it was the Bluetooth version 4.0 module (which was new), but the profiles were very limited on what they supported on that phone and Bluetooth technology. Thus I paid the extra $200 so I could reset my 2 year upgrade and get the HTC ONE, which I did, (I tested out before as well to make sure it would work with a co-workers new HTC ONE) and it all worked correctly, imported contacts, e-mail and text notification, etc.. What is another $600 for a new phone when you just spend $29,000 on a new car right?

SOOO, after getting everything working correctly with the HTC ONE, the new upgrade comes out in Oct. and breaks everything that once worked. Great. Thanks Sprint.

There is no way to roll back to the original version of software? I don't care if I wipe my phone, I just want to work correctly like it once did.

Bard F. ZillA

Wizard

Sorry to say usually not.

The only other option I can think of is consulting with a local Sprint center. It's a very slim chance, but you can search for a local repair center and call ahead to see if they would have that capability for you: http://bit.ly/zihNln .

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

This same thing happened to me after the update I now refer to as The October Surprise.

When I wrote the issue expressing that my HTC ONE was working Flawlessly Prior To The Update Including Alerting me, Reading, and Sending Text Messages on Both My 2013 Challengers Uconnect® and my Wife's 2012 Challenger's Uconnect®, and Now it does not. It now says the Phone is Not Compatible with SMS Text....Well One Unofficial Tech on here told me that "The Update" would not have caused this it must be a Bluetooth issue with the vehicle is Not compatible. As a former IT Tech I would argue on two points.

1) What Part of It Was Working Prior To The Update Does He/She Not Understand?

2) Bluetooth Compatibility Most Definitely as Would any Change in the Phones SMS Text Protocol/Drivers in a Software Update Cause SMS Text and Other Functions That Once Worked To Now Fail.

So it is not only an issue with the HTC ONE and Honda, But With Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Uconnect® Systems No Longer Working Properly with the HTC ONE. I should have gone with the Samsung Galaxy S4 as My Wife's S4 Still Functions with SMS Texting.

Also the Going from always having 4-5 Bars to One and sometimes Zero at my House...I can buy the statement that it is now showing the DATA Signal Strength instead of Voice, but the Data Signal should Not be That much weaker that Voice as I am Paying for Both Equally.

This tells me that Sprint needs to boost their signal for data to be within a bar of Voice. There was a news story about Sprint lagging behind two other competitors of data coverage and capabilities.  

Wizard

Hey Greg-Lopez,

Thanks for joining in and for all of your input; I'm sorry this has also impacted you.

I have yet to receive any update for this issue from the department that oversees software on devices. I will ensure to put your feedback in the report as well.

Regarding your home service, can you please provide your cross streets and zip code so we can look into this for you?

Thank you for all of your cooperation!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

After the update my Ford Flex's Microsoft Sync radio will not handle text messaging. My radio states that HTC One is Not Compatible with SMS Text.

Messaging Access option is now missing from the advance bluetooth settings.

Master

Smelk,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear this. Have you contacted Ford regarding any software updates to the Cars system?

Victor
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Giovanni,

I appear to be having the same problem as everyone else.  I just purchased a 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EXL.  My HTC One will not pair correctly. 

Is this the solution then or are we still waiting for some type of update?  Please let me know as soon as you are able.

Thanks,

Danny D

Clearing the cache on the bluetooth application of your device may also help:

• Slide the Notifications panel open, and then touch Apps
  • Swipe to the All tab; find and select bluetooth application
  • In the App info screen, touch Clear data or Clear cache

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have a Samsung S7 Edge with android 7.0 just updated. I can no longer get texts or even a text notification on my 2015 accord with hands free link. I've deleted my phone from the Bluetooth list, reentered and re-paired it. No help. Is it the Hands Free link or my phone?
Master

Could be both. It's possible the version of Bluetooth installed via the update on the device is having an issue communicating with the car or vice versa.

While the vehicle isn't displaying notifications or txts, is the phone receiving them? Is there a way you can check for Bluetooth updates on the vehicle?

Have you checked some Honda Forums, see if someone found a workaround? I'd also report the issue with HTC on their support page.

It's possible, something broke on the Bluetooth compatibility between the two after the update.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

i have heard of built in stereo systems needing updates as well to keep them compatible with the phones..so this could also be the issue.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

out of curiosity. have you connected your phone to any other BT connections to see if it works with them or not?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat