cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't change keyboard back to the one I want

Journeyman

can't change keyboard back to the one I want

I use Swype+ Dragon on my m8. But out keeps reverting to the Swype that came in the phone.

So far as I can tell, the only easy to switch keyboards is to pull down the top menu while entering text and input type. The problem with this is that nothing happens until much later (minutes) when I finally get the pop-up

Is there another way to do this? It certainly seems to be a bug.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: can't change keyboard back to the one I want

TNJIM, Please try this on your M8: Click on Language and Keyboard > turn the Swype+ Dragon app on > tap on it > set it as the default keyboard app for your phone. Let us know if this works for you.
- Andrew
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

That is my point. There is no "set as default" option there. Googling says that the only way to set it is during keyboard entry from the status bar. I have Settings, Themes, My Words, Languages, Gestures, Help. And it is not under this Settings menu either.

Master

TNJIM, We would like to get this issue resolved for you. Did you try to uninstall the app, then re-install it? Did you try a different keyboard app to see if there's an issue with the device? Do you see the Swype+ Dragon icon on the bottom of the keyboard next to 123 on the left side? Let us know. We're here to help. - Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Your Swype keyboard does not have a set as default option either. So uninstalling will not help. The approved way of changing keyboards is to do it while you are entering text. The problem is that the change keyboard option does not respond until minutes later--after I am done entering the text.

It would be nice if I could uninstall the HTC Swype keyboard. You should let me since I have the commercial one. Every time something updates, the M8 reverts to your Swype.

Try this yourself!

Master

TNJIM,

I understand your frustration. I'm happy to help. Just to clarify did you download the Swype+ Dragon keyboard form the google play store or is this through an app on the device? Are you using the standard messaging app that comes with the device?

-- Laura
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes. I bought Swype+Dragon on the Play store. Plain Swype came with the phone.

I rarely message. I use things like IM+ Pro or browsers. If I message, I use the default one.

Master

TNJIM, Such an issue should be addressed with the developer of the application. You should provide the feedback to the developer. You should be able to find this info in the Play Store on the download page. Let me know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat