cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Smith-expired!"

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Smith-expired!"

This keeps showing up on my phone. It started 3 days ago.
Anyone know what this is and what do i do with it?

310 REPLIES 310
Highlighted
Master

YITZYYM - Thank you for posting. The issue is currently being worked. Once a patch is created it will be sent to your phone in the form of an update. We thank you for your patience in this matter. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's truly sad that a Sprint customer YITZYYM went to HTC to get a workaround and not "SprintCare"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing Smith expired

HTC one m7

Highlighted
Master

gkoomen - Did you try contacting HTC? - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

kacowboy71

I'm sorry that you feel this way. How can I be of some assistance?

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem... Any fix yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the message smith expired right after reading a text message with a picture attached. The caption in the picture it's too small to read so I used gallery to enlarge it. It's a comedy picture of guys and girls dancing in a club. Sounds familiar to anyone? Maybe a virus?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just started getting this same thing and it also has my internet choice browser pop up asking if I want to use chrome or internet from Sprint. This is getting very annoying!!!! We all need a fix real soon and I am also getting pop up ads which I NEVER got before!!!! I'm about ready to tear out my hair!!! Please someone HELP!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue here.. I've been getting it for two weeks now.

Highlighted
Master

If you're not sure you may want to avoid it just to be safe.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Avoid what? Who or where should I take this to so it can be fixed??!!

Highlighted
Master

ziggypiggy5,

As a temporary fix for the SMITH notification, complete the following steps:

1. Open the Smith Logging Tool, either by tapping on the "Click here to open" in the notification or via the Phone Dialer by dialing *#*#SMITH#*#* (*#*#76484#*#*).
2. Turn off any of the three logging tools that may be on.
3. Turn off Fast boot (under Settings > Power), then power cycle and wipe the cache partition.
4. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Smith and Clear data, Force stop, then Clear defaults.
Note: Clear defaults may be greyed out.
5. Tap the Back key to return to the Apps > All list and tap QXDM2SD, then Clear data, Force stop, and Clear defaults.

If you are not comfortable in doing this yourself then please take this into a Sprint service & repair store for them to complete this for you. If a device is power cycled, then the SMITH application will automatically restart and the notification will return. Repeating steps 4 and 5 will once again temporarily remove the icon from the notification list.

We are still investigating a permanent solution and will provide more information as it becomes available.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat