cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Smith-expired!"

Highlighted
Journeyman

"Smith-expired!"

This keeps showing up on my phone. It started 3 days ago.
Anyone know what this is and what do i do with it?

310 REPLIES 310
Highlighted
Journeyman

GIVE US A PROPER SOLUTION! GIVE US A MAINTENANCE RELEASE OR ANY UPDATE THAT WILL FIX THIS! THESE SOLUTIONS AND FIXES THAT YOU ARE GIVING US IN UNACCEPTABLE!!! I I WISH ALL OF YOU FROM SPRINT SOCIAL CARE WOULD GO THROUGH ALL OF WHAT YOU ARE SUGGESTING BEFORE ACTUALLY SUGGESTING THEM, ONLY TO FIND YOU THAT IT WILL NEVER WORK!!!

GIVE US AN UPDATE AND NOT YOUR [inappropriate word removed] TEMPORARY FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: TheModerator

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Master

PDOGGY85,

We are sorry you are having issues with your phone. Please follow the following steps to remove the Smith-expired error. Let us know if that doesn't work.

1. Open the Smith Logging Tool, either by tapping on the "Click here to open" in the notification or via the Phone Dialer by pressing *#*#SMITH#*#* (*#*#76484#*#*).
2. Turn off any of the three logging tools that may be on.
3. Turn off Fast boot (under Settings > Power), then power cycle and wipe the cache partition.
4. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Smith and Clear data, Force stop, then Clear defaults.
Note: Clear defaults may be greyed out.
5. Tap the Back key to return to the Apps > All list and tap QXDM2SD, then Clear data, Force stop, and Clear defaults.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding step 3. All 3 logging tools and fast boot were already turned off. Where do I go to wipe the cache partition?

Highlighted
Journeyman

YO BARRY! THESE STEPS ARE THE ACCUMULATION OF ALL THE STEPS GOING BACK TO PAGE ONE. AND AGAIN. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

Highlighted
Master

Hello PDOGGY85,

Slide the Notifications panel open, and then touch > Apps. Swipe to the Downloaded, Running, or All tab, and then touch the application you want to clear.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes it keeps coming back, I've bought a lemon phone

Highlighted
Master

Bearclaws63 - Have you tried taking your device in one of our Sprint repair centers? - Shari
Highlighted
Journeyman

Barry, I tried all the steps you suggested, but when I restart my phone I get the same Smith message. My GPS signal has not improved and my service is still extremely spotty.

Highlighted
Master

Hello PDOGGY85,

I would suggest that you take the device to a service and repair center so a technician can take a look at it.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's fixed!! Update your phone.

Highlighted
Master

Thanks for the heads up GiNGERSNAPSSS

Let us know if there is anything we can assist with.

Krishel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why wasn't this fixed on the HTC one max. The issue was first reported on the HTC one max.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat