cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Smith-expired!"

Master

Re: "Smith-expired!"

Ekc53, I assure you we are taking the necessary steps to prevent it from happening in the future. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Are you experiencing issues in a specific location? If so, please provide two cross streets and the zip code where you're experiencing this.

- Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Master

kacowboy71

I can understand your concern. Our network team is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it.

George
Sprint Social Care
Master

YITZYYM, I assure you, we are working with our Network Team to determine a resolution. I'll be more than happy to look into your options. Please send me a private message. You can private message me by clicking on my avatar, and clicking the Send a private message link on the right.

- Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Master

Thumpzilllaa1, We've notify the manufacturer. Once this is determine a known issues, the manufacturer will release a new software update, in order to fix the current malfunctions. We definitely appreciate your patience, throughout this entire ordeal. - Nic,
Sprint Social Care
Master

princemick,

I can understand your concern. Our network team is aware of the issue and is working to get it resolved.

George
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Wow, SprintCare, This is truly POOR Customer Service.  I am cililian at the USMC working as a Network Operations Supervisor.  If I gave this answer to the USMC chain of command I more than likely not have a job. So you need to inform us what Sprint and HTC are doing to resolve this issue.  Or give us a way to remove it from our phones.  I know that I can get rid of it if I wanted to Void my Sprint Warranty.

Master

AKGROWN,

Thanks for posting. The APK file from HTC seems to have an expiration date that is much sooner than intended. Not all phones with the latest software update are affected by this, so this can very well be a manufacturer defect. We're pushing for a HTC to develop a new software update as soon as possible, thereby providing a fix for this problem. In the meantime, if your software is affected, I would suggest going to your nearest Sprint repair center; they will reload the device's OS, and that seems to help in some cases. If you have other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Joseph,
Sprint Social Care
Master

CliffCarp,

Thanks for posting. If you have any questions or concerns, please keep me posted. I'm here to help.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Master

Bean54- Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are having issues with your HTC device. Do you have the HTC sync downloaded on your PC, so you can back up all your information? Once you have done the factory reset, did it fix the problem you are having ? - Brenda Sprint Social Care
Master

janbanan2029

Oh no! Have you taken your device into a Sprint repair store lately? I'm here to help.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No, it did not.

As I stated, I also managed to blow off all my data trying to get rid of a suspected "virus" which your phone help desk knows nothing about. I strongly suggest you put out an "all call" to every department and associate to alert them to this little problem. Maybe that'll help keep duffers such as myself from going to extreme measures unnecessarily.

Journeyman

I spoke to htc. They told me that it is an htc-Sprint issue and that they are working on it. They told me that they have no time frame and it may be a while. Great. They also told me that when I get the message I should turn all the options on and not to turn the phone off or restart it. If I do, I have to turn it on again. If you want to get to Smith by yourself press *#*#smith#*#* and that will take you to the message again.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat